Both Dynatrace SaaS and Dynatrace Managed deployment models share the same underlying cloud-native web-scale architecture. While SaaS operates entirely in the cloud, with Managed you set up a self-contained cluster node on your own infrastructure to host your monitoring environment.
Built cloud-native to monitor at hyperscale
Dynatrace is the only solution on the market architected with dynamic, web-scale cloud-native technologies.
Running on public clouds, Dynatrace is built on an elastic grid architecture that scales to 100,000+ hosts easily. We use the most robust enterprise-proven cloud technologies to provide a monitoring solution as resilient and available as the systems it monitors.
- Cloud native computing
- Cloud native block and object storage
- Automated Load Balancing
- Cassandra-based Hypercube storage
- Elasticsearch-based search engine
Designed for "always-on" availability
Dynatrace runs across several regions—operating in at least three availability zones for each region.
Automatic scaling and load balancing capabilities ensure that new computing instances spin up automatically to meet spikes in demand and/or traffic.
- Real-time failover redundancy built into all system components.
- Automated management layer detects faulty components and replaces them immediately.
- One-third of excess capacity in our clusters always reserved for real-time failover and ability to cope with peak loads in real time.
- Guaranteed ≥ 99.5% uptime.
Secure by design
Dynatrace has been designed on industry best practices such as encrypted transmissions, cross-site scripting prevention, firewalls, regular security updates, security scans, and vulnerability assessments to ensure the security of your data. Auditing, access restrictions, and secure decommissioning of data storage complement the design.
Because Dynatrace is hosted in the cloud, it benefits from world-class data centers, which are certified for ISO 27001, PCI-DSS Level 1, and SOC 1 / SSAE 16.
Dynatrace has received SOC 2 Type II certification for security and availability.