About Porsche Informatik
- Provider of digital capabilities for the automotive industry
- Operating 160 solutions for millions of users in 30 countries
- Wholly owned subsidiary of Porsche Holding Salzburg who is Europe’s largest automotive trading company, EUR 22bn revenue
AI insights enable real-time code optimization
With instant feedback on real user sessions
Problems solved in 20% of time previously taken
With automatic discovery and instrumentation
The race to transform
The automotive sector is under significant pressure to transform, driven by the advent of industry megatrends such as connected cars, autonomous driving and electric vehicles. Coupled with the wider trend towards digitalization and rising user expectations, Porsche Informatik needed to find a new way to develop and support its digital business capabilities. The company wanted to innovate faster, significantly reduce time to market, and enhance the customer experience.
"Dynatrace’s unique approach to AI-powered monitoring in the cloud cuts through complexity to give us true visibility into our OpenShift environment, so we can fully understand the user-experience."
To achieve this, Porsche Informatik migrated from a monolithic environment towards a modular landscape based on a hybrid cloud architecture, at the center was Red Hat OpenShift. This Container as a Service Platform enabled greater agility and scalability, so the company could innovate faster and work towards its goal of reducing time-to-market for new software by 90 percent. However, the shift to the cloud created a highly dynamic, containerized technology stack.
Unparalleled visibility and simplicity
Porsche Informatik realized that to become truly agile, it needed a fundamentally different approach to performance monitoring and management. After evaluating the market, it selected Dynatrace because of the ability to provide complete visibility into every layer of the IT environment as well as a real-time perspective on the user sessions, while offering native support for all major cloud platforms and services.
“Dynatrace’s unique approach to AI-powered monitoring in the cloud gives us true visibility into our OpenShift environment, so we can fully understand the user experience,” said Manfred Immitzer, Managing Director and Chief Digital Officer, Porsche Informatik. Easy implementation was also a key deciding factor, due to the complexity and scale of the company’s operations and ecosystem of partners. The ability to install Dynatrace through a single agent and fully automated process was therefore identified as another major advantage.
Life with Dynatrace
- Accelerating innovation – As new software and services were developed in OpenShift, the AI-based insights from Dynatrace enabled Porsche Informatik to optimize code in real-time and push innovations through to deployment faster.
- Enhancing DevOps processes – Dynatrace enabled Porsche Informatik to optimize performance management and improve user-experience in its online platforms for car dealers and importers, by analysing user sessions in real-time and providing DevOps teams with instant feedback.
- Reducing problem MTTR – Even when problems that impact user-experience do arise, the AI-based insights from Dynatrace mean they can be resolved in 20 percent of the time it would have taken previously.
“Dynatrace sounded really good, but it delivered everything it promised and even more. We have full control of user-experience and can innovate and deliver our software faster with total confidence – Dynatrace has truly helped us on the path to digital success,” said Manfred Immitzer, Managing Director and Chief Digital Officer, Porsche Informatik.