"Dynatrace, with Keptn, allowed us to accelerate our adoption of Kubernetes by at least a year. It’s a unique value proposition that has enabled us to create an intelligent and fully automated continuous delivery pipeline."
- Leading provider of IT services and solutions
- Offices in Germany, Singapore, and New York
- Team of highly qualified developers
- Founded in 1997, with a focus on high quality services
Unbreakable pipeline stops promotion of bad code
AI-assistance continuously identifies any problems
Precise answers improve cross-team efforts
Autonomous cloud enablement increases team agility
Barriers to cloud native adoption
avodaq relies on a small team of developers to drive IT innovation for the organization and its managed service customers around the world. Key to this is its ability to deliver new applications and features at an increasingly faster pace. As digital transformation has taken hold across every industry and the speed of innovation has accelerated, avodaq realized that migrating its services to a cloud native architecture would be critical to its ability to achieve the agility needed to ensure the continued success of its business and its customers.
avodaq began its cloud native journey by shifting to a microservices and containerized architecture running on Kubernetes. However, given the complexities involved in implementing and managing Kubernetes, and the learning and training period that would be required, avodaq knew it would be difficult to achieve rapid time to value without a larger development team. Its existing toolchain also offered limited capabilities for managing cloud native deployments, making it difficult to accelerate innovation to the extent that it hoped to achieve.
Achieving faster time to value
avodaq realized it needed to increase its use of AI and automation to provide the support that its development team required to reduce the complexity of Kubernetes and achieve faster time to value from its cloud native journey. avodaq turned to Dynatrace for the solution, and as part of this, leveraged Keptn, its open source pluggable control plane for autonomous cloud management. The combined advantages of Dynatrace and Keptn enabled avodaq to maintain full-stack observability across its Kubernetes environments and release better software faster, without putting the user-experience at risk.
“Dynatrace, with Keptn, allowed us to accelerate our adoption of Kubernetes by at least a year. It’s a unique value proposition that has enabled us to create an intelligent and fully automated continuous delivery pipeline, which helps us to bring out new features and new apps faster than ever before to drive more value for our business and its customers,” said Sebastian Bonk, Manager of Software Development, avodaq.
"Dynatrace has played a huge role in accelerating our journey to a cloud native architecture with its autonomous cloud enablement approach, leaving our developers free to focus on what they do best; continuously hammering out new features."
Life with Dynatrace
- Releasing better software – Davis®, Dynatrace’s AI engine, plays a vital role in enabling avodaq to pinpoint the precise root cause and remediate any problems within new code deployments. By feeding the data from the Dynatrace Software Intelligence Platform into Keptn, avodaq has been able to create an intelligent, unbreakable delivery pipeline that utilizes auto-remediation to prevent bad code from reaching production. This protects the business and its customers from service degradations that could impact their experience.
- More effective collaboration in IT – The combined use of Dynatrace and Keptn is helping avodaq to significantly reduce the complexity of its cloud native environment and accelerate Kubernetes deployments. By providing the precise answers needed to ensure that software continues to run perfectly, Dynatrace enables avodaq’s engineers to focus on accelerating its journey to a cloud native architecture, while its developers can speed up the deployment of new features and functionality.
- Branching out with new services – avodaq has seen such significant value from its use of the Dynatrace platform and Keptn that its consultants are now able to apply their learnings to support its own customers on their journey to autonomous cloud operations. The open source pluggable nature of Keptn is proving invaluable in enabling the increased automation and orchestration of the processes and tools that its customers need to support continuous delivery and automated operations in their cloud-native environments.
“Dynatrace has played a huge role in accelerating our journey to a cloud native architecture with its autonomous cloud enablement approach. The combination of Dynatrace and Keptn offers invaluable intelligence that enables our engineers to drive our cloud native migration more effectively, leaving our developers free to focus on what they do best; continuously hammering out new features,” Bonk concluded.