I’ve been tracking the global retail websites for the past year, and recently I presented the findings in a webinar on what data trends emerged. Put simply websites are slower, heavier, and more complex than ever before.
But does speed still matter?
Key outtakes from a year benchmarking ecommerce/retail website performance
- Our attention span is now 8 seconds. Almost the same as a gold fish.
- Global Response times have slowed from 4.2 to 4.5 seconds. Given users expect a site to load within 3 seconds, we are moving in the wrong direction.
- Response times impact revenue and I shared how Amazon, Walmart and Nordstrom track response time on revenue. Nordstrom found 0.5 second increase in response time impacted conversions by 11%
Here are the slides from the webinar (you can also download with speaking notes).
If you want to be the best, compare yourself to the best
- Response times of 2.2 seconds vs the average of 4.5 seconds
- 13 Hosts vs the average of 32
- 74 objects vs an average of 144
- 1.4MB page size vs 2MB.
I covered a lot of topics in this webinar. Here is the complete coverage and all the links:
- Download the Global Retail Benchmark Report
- See how BVA Auctions improved SEO rank with Dynatrace
- Monitoring the Website Performance in China
I’d love to get you started on the journey to rockstar website performance.
- Please request a demo here: /request-demo/
Last but not least if you are up for a laugh then have a look at our Periscope Recording which includes quite a comical intro to the webinar