Locate usernames in page source
Create a user tag
Once you’ve identified where usernames are located in your page source, you can create user tags based on the usernames.
- From the navigation menu, click Applications.
- Select the application you want to configure.
- Click the Browse (…) button and select Edit.
- Click the User tags tab.
- From the Capture expression type drop list, select CSS selector.
- Type the CSS selector value into the CSS selector field.
- To ensure that there is a clean extraction of the username value, you can apply a regex cleanup rule. In this example, the text of the DOM element is
Hello <username>!See example below.
That’s all there is to it!
Verify your user tag
md= is now listed in this page’s metadata expressions.
- All configured user tags will be captured on every page. So keep the list short.
- The last user action in your session that contains a tag will be used as tag for the entire session.
- You can also report user names for native mobile apps.