OpenTelemetry and the opportunity for intelligent observability
The promise of improved speed, performance, and reliability is driving more organizations to embrace open-source software, with an eye toward containerization and microservices-based architecture. However, these organizations often run into observability issues when using different monitoring tools across cloud and applications.
In this eBook, you'll discover how OpenTelemetry and Dynatrace combine to offer organizations the following:
- A common mechanism for collecting critical application and infrastructure telemetry data
- Deterministic, AI-driven observability at scale
- Improved practitioner, vendor, and developer collaboration
Download the eBook now to find out how your organization can reap the rewards of open source software and observability with OpenTelemetry and Dynatrace.
What is OpenTelemetry?
While OpenTelemetry doesn’t provide backend or analytics capabilities, it does provide several integration points for observability platforms to ingest the collected data.
Building the future of
We’ve been in it from the start, and we’re continuing to support adoption and expansion of OpenTelemetry.
End-to-end distributed tracing
We seamlessly integrate OpenTelemetry data to provide end-to-end distributed tracing and analytics. Transactions are automatically captured with always-on profiling and industry-leading diagnostic tools that deliver actionable answers.
- Avoid manual effort with service auto-discovery and automatic instrumentation.
- Understand interdependencies (including Kubernetes pods) with enriched OpenTelemetry data and continuous topology mapping.
- Monitor the impact of services on users and digital experience.
- Debug or tune performance with code-level visibility and analysis.
Precise, AI-powered answers
Our AI-engine, Davis®, continuously analyzes OpenTelemetry and other observability data sources to automatically detect anomalies, identify root cause, and proactively remediate issues.
- Automatically reveal causal dependencies between components, including microservices and Kubernetes.
- Avoid manual threshold setting, with intelligent auto-baselining that adapts as environments change.
- Pinpoint precise root cause by working through billions of dependencies in milliseconds.
Continuous automation and enterprise-scale
With automation and AI at its core, our platform empowers enterprises to fully leverage OpenTelemetry data and achieve observability at scale.
- Keep data in the cloud or on-prem, with the highest availability out-of-the-box.
- Speed and scale without limits, with single-command setup, bi-weekly auto-updates, and management zones
- Ensure data privacy and control with role-based governance and granular access permissions based on apps, services, and more.
Get started with Dynatrace to get more value quickly with out-of-the-box OpenTelemetry support
You’ll be up and running in under 5 minutes:
Sign up, deploy our agent and get unmatched insights out-of-the-box.
- How OpenTelemetry can improve Observability and Monitoring
- Power Demo: Leverage OpenTelemetry with Dynatrace for opensource tracing
- Analyze AWS applications end to end with Dynatrace using AWS Distro for OpenTelemetry
- Performance Clinic: Dynatrace and OpenTelemetry work #BetterTogether
- What is OpenTelemetry? An open-source standard for logs, metrics, and traces
- Automatic and intelligent end-to-end observability for OpenTelemetry Java