Technical Support Engineer
Support / Tokyo, Japan
The Support Engineer primarily utilizes skills and knowledge in Java, .NET, PHP, Networking, SQL, Web and Mobile application development to troubleshoot customer issues with Compuware APM products or services. Customer issues vary in complexity and time sensitivity. In this capacity, the Support Engineer addresses issues according to the Service Level Agreement, informing customers of the status in a timely manner, escalating issues via normal channels if necessary, and ensuring that the issues/calls are properly updated in the CRM System.
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and customer handling skills in English.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Customer oriented.
- Apply knowledge of APM Enterprise products to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
- Apply knowledge of APM SaaS services to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
- Assist team members during problem analysis and re-creation, including overcoming knowledge gaps in areas related to the product, network, or operating systems, re-creating the environment needed to produce the issue, and finding workarounds.
- Manage customer expectations with regard to their resolution timeframe and status.
- Take ownership and accountability for the case resolution process.
- Provide attention to cases according to the Service Level Agreements.
- Follow the established Customer Support processes precisely and be able to provide constructive feedback.
- Escalate issues to Tier 2 or Tier 3 (QA, Engineering, and other groups) according to the established standard operating procedures
- Act as a technical liaison with the Quality Assurance and Development teams to evaluate and report bugs.
- Write, edit and maintain knowledge base entries.
- Inform Management of potential escalations and assist when they occur.
- Participate in knowledge transfer exercises, help colleagues increase their knowledge and increase their overall capability of handling problems without assistance.
- Acquire knowledge of products, and supporting techniques in order to better assist customers and Compuware employees.
- Cooperate with efforts of QA and Project Management teams by providing feedback during beta and system testing exercises, as needed.
- Participate in phone coverage and after-hours rotation as business dictates.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Management.
Dynatrace is the innovator behind the industry's premier Digital Performance Platform, making real-time information about digital performance visible and actionable for everyone across business and IT. We help customers of all sizes see their applications and digital channels through the lens of their end users. Over 8,000 organizations use these insights to master complexity, gain operational agility, and grow revenue by delivering amazing customer experiences.