Sales Engineer (Pre-Sales Consultant) - Shanghai
Sales / Shanghai, China
An excellent opportunity to be a key contributor in a rapidly growing business, the individual will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical support and developing key relationships within opportunities. Dynatrace is looking for technically-knowledgeable, assertive, success-driven, energetic person who want to have fun while creating a successful career at a leading organisation.
Purpose of the role
- Demo APM software offerings live to potential and existing customers, with a particular focus on Dynatrace application monitoring (the agent based approach) and DCRUM (network based approach).
- Work with the Dynatrace sales team during the sales cycle and provide value based and technical demonstrations to prospects and customers.
- Planning, running and managing POCs at prospects with the goal of demonstrating the value to justify prospect or customer acquisition.
- Respond to RFIs/RFPs, prospect & customer’s technical questions, deployment queries etc.
- Regular Greater China travel to prospects and customers.
- Develop strong and lasting relationships with sales, pre-sales, and delivery resources across the Dynatrace business.
- Raise the awareness of using Dynatrace based solutions with partner account teams and how they benefit the end customer
- Work with the Dynatrace Customer Success team to create case studies and win stories to support the Greater China business.
Required Knowledge, Abilities, and Experience
- Deep Understanding of Java, J2EE and related frameworks, containers, IDEs and technologies
- Deep Understanding of .Net and related framework technologies
- Deep Understanding of virtualize technologies such as container, cloud, etc
- Deep understand of how networks (WAN/LAN), their protocols and related infrastructure (proxies, NAT’s, firewalls, WOC’s etc.) operate to deliver application service
- Ideally previous experience as Java/.Net developer or Quality Assurance engineer on large projects
- Awareness of application performance problems and impact on cost and brand.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- History of presenting technical concepts in a simple and entertaining way.
- Have experience presenting, demonstrating and handling technical sales engagements
- Being able to present and sell our product to customer’s technical and executive audience.
- Ability to speak to needs of different levels of an organisation (Developer, Manager, VP etc.)
- Ability to be coached and react quickly in selling situations.
- Experience creating architecture and other design documents and diagrams
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new processes and methodologies
- Outgoing personality, desire to work hard and have fun, team spirit.
Desirable Knowledge, Abilities, and Experience
- Experience with one or more web technology stacks
- Web and application server technologies such as Apache, Nginx, IIS, Websphere, WebLogic, JBoss, etc
- Server side technologies such as Java Servlets, ASP.NET and PHP
- The HTTP protocol and the RESTful architectural style
- Experience with database design, SQL and data access practices
- Experience with networking : protocols, architecture
- Experience with Application Testing & QA solution.
- Experience with Dynatrace DC RUM, Application Monitoring & UEM, Synthetic Monitoring