Boston, Mass. – March 18, 2019 – Software intelligence company Dynatrace LLC, today announced that it has been positioned highest for ‘ability to execute’ and furthest for ‘completeness of vision’ in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring (APM).*
“We are proud to see our position this year and extend our gratitude to our customers who constantly challenge and inspire us to keep pushing the boundaries of innovation,” said John Van Siclen, CEO of Dynatrace.
“Several years ago, we anticipated that digital transformation would be cloud-first, and that the then emerging enterprise cloud would create a major disruption throughout the application and infrastructure landscape. We took a radical approach, to rebuild from the ground-up a new platform intended to fit the new requirements of dynamic, webscale cloud monitoring. With our unique AI driven approach and advanced automation, our customers enjoy answers and insights rather than clicking through data, pouring through logs or guessing at root cause. We believe and are gratified that the market success of Dynatrace’s highly differentiated approach is being recognized by thought leaders such as Gartner.”
Steve Tack, SVP of Product Management at Dynatrace, went on to highlight the company’s secret sauce: “The AI engine, Davis, sits at the center of our solution and differentiates us from anything else. Davis can causate, quantify business impact, and drive to the precise root cause of issues, versus simple guesses based on correlation. On top of this, we opened the AI engine up to ingest data and events from third-party solutions, which enables greater automation and paves the way to autonomous cloud operations.”
We feel that Dynatrace’s solid relationship with its customers is reflected in the Gartner Peer Insights, which are customer reviews collected and verified by the analyst firm throughout the year:
- “Dynatrace provides beyond application performance monitoring, giving you a full-stack visibility and software intelligence platform, which helps a lot of customers in identifying the issues and giving the accurate data happening [in a] customer’s environment.” – Senior IT Management Engineer in the Services industry
- “Working with Dynatrace has been one of the best vendor experiences we have encountered in a long time. The ability to see dependencies, relationships, processes, OS metrics, and much more…just from a simple OneAgent install…is truly generation 3 monitoring. They are truly leading the way and in the right direction.” — Senior Middleware Administrator in the Manufacturing industry
- “The best thing about the product is its ease of configuration for a cloud-hosted environment running microservices. It requires a one-off step to be repeated via automation and then the customer doesn’t need to touch the agent ever again and we still gain any new features, thanks to the auto-upgrade capabilities of the agent and the continuous deliveries that Dynatrace pushes to their live system regularly.” – Head of Technology in the Financial Services industry
Ongoing innovation and a desire to deliver more value to customers, Dynatrace continues to push beyond APM, as evidenced by a series of recent technical announcements:
- Market leading AIOps solution opened up to third parties for smart autonomous cloud management
- AI-powered cloud infrastructure monitoring takes an automated approach to cloud infrastructure and container monitoring at scale (LINK)
- Session Replay capability allows for 4k playback of real user journeys in a ‘movie-like’ experience
- Extended cloud platform capabilities for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Red Hat OpenShift and Google Cloud Platform.
*Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring, Charley Rich, Federico De Silva, Sanjit Ganguli, 14 March 2019. Previous to 2015, Dynatrace is listed as Compuware. Dynatrace was spun off from Compuware following the privatization of Compuware in December 2014.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.