- Full-stack observability into web-scale environment
- AI-powered root cause reduces MTTR
- Cloud operations become autonomous
- Fully automated installation
Across a diverse web-scale environment
AI-assistance reduces MTTR by up to 60 percent
Software intelligence enables self-healing apps
Automation frees up time to develop new features
New environment needed to help contain demand
SAP Customer Experience (SAP CX) is the market leader in providing front office cloud services for ecommerce, sales and marketing to thousands of customers globally.
The original SAP CX managed service was based on a traditional virtual machine, single tenant architecture being delivered from SAP data centers. With customer numbers growing month-on-month, the company decided it needed to move to a more scalable, cloud-native architecture. This would enable SAP CX to rapidly deliver new features and functionality, but also transform the way IT works, automating operations as much as possible to drive efficiency. As a result, it developed a new modern cloud commerce platform based on Kubernetes with containerized services running on public cloud infrastructure.
Customer growth fuels complexity
SAP CX had been using a traditional APM solution for its virtual machine-based managed service, however it wasn’t built to manage web-scale, cloud-native architecture. With an environment comprised of data centers, virtual machines, hosts, services, thousands of Kubernetes clusters and thousands of tenants running on different cloud providers globally, SAP CX needed something that would give complete observability into every aspect of its web-scale environment. Since adopting Dynatrace, SAP CX has gained full-stack observability across its on-premise and cloud infrastructure, applications and platforms.
“Dynatrace’s ability to show us how everything is interconnected in our environment has made it much easier for us to identify problems and speed up resolution. Dynatrace also sits at the core of our autonomous cloud operations. The software intelligence we gain from the platform, allows us to trigger actions and scale environments, and paves the way for application self-healing and auto-remediation,” commented Reinhard Weber, Senior Product Manager, SAP CX.
"Dynatrace is like a spider sitting in the middle of our operations web. It takes away all the white noise and provides real answers. Before, we had blind spots, but with Dynatrace we can see everything. The automation it provides gives us back time that we can invest into developing the features and services our customers expect."
Life with Dynatrace
- Full-stack observability into web-scale environment – Dynatrace has enabled SAP CX to get complete observability across its diverse web-scale environment automatically without the need for configuration or multiple agents.
- AI-powered root cause reduces MTTR – Dynatrace has helped to decrease the human capital needed to support customers, with AI-driven root cause analysis helping to reduce mean-time-to-resolution by up to 60 percent.
- Cloud operations become autonomous – Dynatrace is helping SAP CX to enable autonomous cloud operations, allowing the team to invest more time and resources into developing the features needed to meet customer expectations.
- Fully automated installation – Dynatrace’s OneAgent approach meant it was very easy to install; rolling out to production over a single weekend and allowing SAP’s IT team to enjoy a beer and a barbeque rather than being tied to their desks.
“Dynatrace is like a spider sitting in the middle of our operations web. It takes away all the white noise and provides real answers. Before, we had blind spots, but with Dynatrace we can see everything. The automation it provides gives us back time that we can invest into developing the features and services our customers expect,” concludes Reinhard.
"Dynatrace also sits at the core of our autonomous cloud operations. The software intelligence we gain from the platform, allows us to trigger actions and scale environments, and paves the way for application self-healing and auto-remediation."