Dynatrace SaaS Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Dynatrace will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Dynatrace SaaS environment available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage (defined below) of at least 99.5%. If the Service Commitment is not met, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit to be applied as described below.
- "Monthly Uptime Percentage" is calculated by subtracting the percentage of minutes during the calendar month in which Dynatrace SaaS was in the state of "Unavailable" (defined below) from 100%.
- A Dynatrace SaaS environment is in the state of "Unavailable", if this environment does not receive any data from all Dynatrace Agents of this environment. Planned down times are announced at https://dynatrace.status.io/ and are not counted as "Unavailable" state. All kinds of third-party issues, including AWS issues (typically announced at http://status.aws.amazon.com), provider issues affecting Dynatrace Synthetic locations and issues on customer side are not counted as "Unavailable" state.
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the monthly SaaS subscription fee (equal to 1/12th of the yearly SaaS subscription fees) for the affected Dynatrace SaaS environment for the month in which the unavailability occurred as follows: (monthly SaaS subscription fee) x (Service Commitment – Monthly Uptime Percentage) (e.g. $1,000 x (99.5% - 95%) = $45). Service Credits are subject to a maximum of 10% of the total annual spend for that Dynatrace SaaS subscription, under the relevant order, per annual term.
Dynatrace will apply Service Credits only against a renewal of or the purchase of additional Dynatrace SaaS subscriptions by you or for your benefit within one year after confirmation of the Service Credits by Dynatrace. You must have a current Dynatrace SaaS subscription to use a Service Credit. If not applied within that year, the Service Credit will automatically expire. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from Dynatrace. You are eligible to receive a Service Credit only if the month in which Dynatrace fails to meet the Monthly Uptime Percentage target falls entirely within the applicable paid subscription term. Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account or environment. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement between us for the affected SaaS Subscription, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide the Dynatrace SaaS environment is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a Dynatrace Support Ticket. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the month immediately after the month in which the incident occurred and must include:
- the words "SLA Credit Request" in the subject line;
- the dates and times of each Unavailability incident that you are claiming;
- the URL (<environment_id>.live.dynatrace.com) of the affected Dynatrace SaaS environment; and
- the Dynatrace SaaS logs (
/Dynatrace/oneagent/log) from the affected hosts, that you copied immediately after you experience an Unavailability incident. If the log packages cannot be uploaded to the opened Dynatrace SaaS Support Ticket, please keep the logs until we provide an alternative upload option.
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to be applied as described in this SLA. Your failure to provide the details of the request as set out in this SLA and other information as requested by Dynatrace will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.