In-Product Assistance Policy
Last Updated: January 4, 2024
All Dynatrace customers have access to in-product assistance (live chat) as part of the Support we offer. With in-product assistance, we can answer product questions about functionality and configuration, provide best practice recommendations, and provide a first line of support for product issues. Our dedicated team of Product Experts is ready to assist!
Our goal is to provide you with a world class customer experience, one conversation at a time. In addition to the guidelines included in our Support Policy, the following provides some additional information about in-product assistance:
- English Language. In-product assistance is provided in English only; however, you may take advantage of the built-in automated translation feature that can accommodate additional languages. While we cannot guarantee the accuracy of these translations, we will work to provide you with the highest level of service.
- Cooperation. To better assist you, our Product Experts may ask for information related to your request, or may ask you to perform a specific task in the Dynatrace User Interface or on your monitored entity. Please keep our Product Experts informed of your progress.
- If you need to put your query on hold, just let us know and we will follow up with you at your convenience. If you do not respond after an extended period, we will save your conversation for up to 7 business days. You can re-open your saved conversation within 7 days by replying to the conversation thread in the product. You will then be directed back into our in-product assistance system to continue working on your query.
- There may be instances where our Product Experts will have to step away from the conversation. In these cases, another Product Expert will pick up the conversation and continue working with you to find a solution. If you would prefer, you can also request to stay with the current Product Expert and continue working on the issue at a mutually agreed upon time.
Timing. We strive to respond to your messages in a timely and efficient manner, however responses may be slower due to the nature and complexity of your request, or periods of high volume. Please do not open multiple conversations for the same issue at the same time as this can cause duplication of efforts. We will close any duplicate conversations to focus our resources appropriately so that we assist you most efficiently. Please be assured that we will update you as soon as we can.
- During times of high volume, we may place your conversation in a queue.
- Customers with an active Enterprise Success and Support (ESS) subscription (or a legacy Dynatrace ONE Premium subscription) receive priority handling. To ensure your conversation is prioritized appropriately, please open your conversation within the tenant attached to your subscription.
- Exclusions. Our Product Expert team will strive to assist with all queries, but are not able to assist with the development of custom-written solutions including, but not limited to scripts, extensions, and coding. For a full list of exclusions, please refer to our Support Policy.
- If you would like assistance from Dynatrace in creating custom solutions, please contact your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager about the Dynatrace ACE Services team.
- Escalation. In the case of a conversation which requires deeper investigation, or where there may be a bug with Dynatrace, a Product Expert may inform you that the conversation will be transferred to our support team and will ensure that all relevant information is shared with a support engineer. For more information on how a support ticket will be handled, please refer to our Support Policy.
Positive Environment. Dynatrace is committed to a workplace where all Dynatrace customers and employees feel valued and respected. Dynatrace employees and customers are expected to adhere to the highest levels of ethical and professional conduct that is free of harassment, intimidation, bias and unlawful discrimination of any kind, including:
- discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other characteristics protected by law
- using inappropriate language (profanity, obscenity, cursing, swearing)
- name-calling, the use of slurs, or insults
- Feedback. We value your feedback! At the end of our conversation, you will receive a survey asking about your experience with our Product Experts. This survey is intended to give you an opportunity to provide feedback about in-product assistance, which in turn helps us to continuously improve the customer experience we deliver. You may direct feedback about the Dynatrace product to Dynatrace forums where you can also ask questions and create requests for enhancement.
We appreciate your collaboration and support in our mission to deliver a world class customer experience, one conversation at a time.