Dynatrace SaaS release notes version 1.248
- Get fine-grained access control for your automation projects by leveraging Dynatrace Cloud Automation
Whether a developer in your organization needs access to a sensitive project or a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) needs full admin privileges for a production environment, fine-grained access control is a prerequisite for modeling requirements, permissions, and user roles. Such access controls are now generally available for Dynatrace Cloud Automation.
New features and enhancements
Infrastructure Monitoring mode
- The third-party vulnerabilities details page now shows a warning when there's at least one related host running in Infrastructure Monitoring mode. In this case, the assessment accuracy is reduced and the Davis Security Score can't be lowered. The values for public internet exposure and reachable data assets are "Not available" if exposure or reachable data assets can't be determined. For details, see Monitoring modes.
- You can now filter for vulnerabilities with
Reduced accuracy (infra-only)on the Third-party vulnerabilities page and for related process groups by
Reduced (infra-only)) on the process group overview pages.
Email integration for security problems and attacks notifications is now available.
The vulnerabilities severity selector is a combo box now so that it doesn't cover the topology view.
Removing the problem filter on the Service-level objectives overview page also clears the problem context in the global timeframe selector if the problem IDs match.
- You can now ingest
RELEASE_PRODUCTevents via the Events API v2.
- On the Release monitoring page, there's a new Validation column indicating the latest release validation result detected. The icon color changes based on the status (
- On the Release details page, there's a new Release validation card showing the list of release validations detected within the global timeframe and a graph with the release validation results.
As part of a larger project to consolidate Kubernetes metrics, the
builtin:cloud.kubernetes.pod.containerRestartsmetric has been deprecated and replaced with
builtin:kubernetes.container.restarts. The replacement metric is written starting with ActiveGate version 1.247.
- While the deprecated metric has persisted absolute values for container restarts, the new metric persists relative values. This change simplifies alerting.
- The absolute value of container restarts has been added to the pod (
CLOUD_APPLICATION_INSTANCE) entity and can be queried via the Monitored entities API v2.
For more insights about the motivation, impact, and concrete actions to consolidate Kubernetes metrics, see our Dynatrace Community blog.
- Management zone tagging now works for
Apps & Microservices | Distributed traces
If you have multiple Dynatrace environments, you can now cross-connect them and follow traces between them.
- To detect remote environments, you must first configure them and enable the new OneAgent feature Cross-environment tracing - Environment and transaction IDs in HTTP response headers, as remote environment detection is based on HTTP response sent from a connected Dynatrace environment. Every detected Dynatrace remote is then represented as a Remote environment service in the Smartscape and service flow, and is automatically taken into consideration by the Davis AI engine.
- To trace link between connected Dynatrace environments, after setting up remote environment detection, you must enable the new OneAgent feature Cross-environment tracing - Coordinated sampling. Then, in the single distributed trace view, you can access a specific drilldown option to the trace view in the connected environment.
You can now review overrides of environment-wide settings that can be overridden on the entity level. To do so, on the settings page select More (…) > Hierarchy and overrides.
Problem detection and notifications
Dynatrace will now retry custom webhook notifications that fail with status codes 408, 429, 502, 503, or 504. Retry is attempted twice with 5 minutes intervals.
To learn about changes to the Dynatrace API in this release, see Dynatrace API changelog version 1.248.
General Availability (Build 1.248.130)
The 1.248 GA release contains 20 resolved issues.
|mobile session replay||1|
- Resolved issue that prevented changes of the AIX kernel extension setting on hosts to be sent to OneAgent. (APM-383407)
- Fixed a problem that caused a Google Cloud Function service page error when the Google Cloud Function extension was not configured. (TI-2458)
- Resolved issue with incorrect default baselining settings for alerting, which resulted in incorrect baseline calculations and no alerting. (DAVIS-1788)
- Services of type "remote call" no longer use the process group name as part of the service name. (TI-2498)
- Fixed an issue in which management zone tagging for CONTAINER_GROUP entities didn't work. (K8S-2837)
- Introduced validation for management zone settings that prevents configuring more than one metric key condition for the same dimensional rule. (APM-383118)
- Host monitoring settings page now works without `builtin:monitoring.overview` permissions. (APM-381903)
- Fixed issue in which audit logs were not stored for the Audit logs API. (APM-383686)
- The Dynatrace Managed home page title has been changed from "Dynatrace Managed deployment status" to "Dynatrace Managed deployment overview" to prevent confusion with the "Deployment status" page. (APM-381105)
- The message "The monitoring of this service is currently disabled." is now displayed only when it is disabled for all credentials. (APM-381068)
- Resolved an issue where: * A service detection rule with a replace-between transformation with an empty string would add "null" to the service ID instead. * A service detection rule with a boolean comparison to "false" would not work. (APM-383694)
- To ensure evaluation of built-in process group rule 67 to disable monitoring of process `piper`, rule 67 is now evaluated before rules for `Kubernetes namespace exists` (rule 40) and `Container exists` (rule 41). (TI-1805)
- Resolved an issue in which some network metrics went missing after update to Dynatrace version 1.247. (APM-383642)
- A web application configuration retrieved via Rest API GET can now be PUT without modifications. (RUM-6796)
- Service tag filter for multidimensional analysis now works correctly for tag values that include spaces. (TI-2408)
- The "Graph" and "Table" buttons in the SLO wizard are now disabled when errors are detected. (APM-381270)
- Navigating to the "Orchestration projects" page from another page now correctly changes the title in the tab. (APM-380508)
- Resolved an issue where the wrong empty state was displayed in Multidimensional analysis (only unreliable dimensions instead of empty result). (TI-2713)
mobile session replay
- During Session Replay, when watching a non-Windows recording from a Windows machine, thin scrollbars are now used to provide better playback accuracy. (APM-377103)
- Fixed cluster upgrade to version 1.246.191 (was failing with "Nodekeeper was not upgraded successfully" message). (APM-383763)