Dynatrace SaaS release notes version 1.242
Classic user sessions page end-of-life
We are deprecating the classic User sessions page soon and replacing it with a more powerful page for session segmentation. To stay tuned, keep an eye on our release notes.
Deprecation of Tokens API v1
New features and enhancements
OneAgent feature settings
We’ve improved and unified our existing OneAgent features and troubleshooting settings (formerly available under Settings > Server-side service monitoring > Deep monitoring).
To access the new OneAgent features page, in the Dynatrace menu, go to Settings > Preferences > OneAgent features.
With this improvement, you can now manage configuration via the Settings API using the
builtin:oneagent.features schema. Additionally, these settings are now also available to be used in security policies.
Davis problems indicator
The Davis problems indicator in the top bar now has an exclamation mark.
The meaning and behavior of the indicator are unchanged.
- The number is a count of open problems
- Select the icon to go straight to the Problems page
The exclamation mark was added to the problems indicator to distinguish it from the upcoming Application Security vulnerabilities indicator.
Frequent issue detection
Frequent issue detection now uses the effective entity of the event to determine frequent events.
Previously, a host/disk event was considered frequent based on the host alone, meaning if a host/disk issue occurred too frequently, based on the common frequent issue detection definition, all following events on the host and maybe different disks were considered frequent.
Starting with this update, the frequency is determined using the disk in addition to the host, meaning a disk event could be frequent and another disk on the host would raise an event, leading to a new abnormal problem not being considered frequent like it would have been before.
Ongoing frequent events on host/disk events after this update will have their frequent issue detection baseline reset.
Maximum user actions per minute limit
Dynatrace SaaS only
You can change the maximum user actions per minute limit via the Dynatrace web UI. To configure this limit, go to Settings > Web and mobile monitoring > RUM overload prevention.
End-of-support for beacon protocol versions 1 and 2
We ended support for the beacon protocol versions 1 and 2. For more details, see this note on the new beacon protocol format.
Log Monitoring enables you to process incoming log data on the Dynatrace platform for better understanding, analysis, metric and event extraction, and other use cases. Using Dynatrace Pattern Language (DPL), you can define patterns using matchers and create a set of rules that Log Monitoring applies to ingested log data.
- You can now clone tiles to another dashboard. For details, see Pin tiles to your dashboard.
- When you filter a dashboard by a custom dimension, it is no longer the case that either Dimension key needs to be the primary dimension, or that you need to filter by the primary dimension and then a secondary dimension. Now you can filter your tiles by any dimension given in the metrics of your visualizations.
- You can now add an image to a dashboard via URL. For details, see Available tiles.
- You can now use the Format setting for a metric in a visualization to specify, per metric, the number of decimal places to display. For more information and use cases, see the Unit and Format settings of the Graph visualization.
To learn about changes to the Dynatrace API in this release, see Dynatrace API changelog version 1.242.
General Availability (Build 1.242.163)
The 1.242 GA release contains 26 resolved issues (including 1 vulnerability resolution).
|ActiveGate||1 (1 vulnerability)|
- The container restart chart on the Kubernetes workload details page has been corrected. (In some cases, the chart showed erroneous spikes.). (K8S-2070)
- Resolved an issue in which the export of a user session could lead to user sessions being exported multiple times. (APM-370258)
- The "Show related trace" link in log details now uses a 10-minute timeframe. (APM-361250)
- Migrating custom charts to Data Explorer charts now works for custom charts containing metrics created from the Rest API before version 1.178. (APM-367699)
- Corrected link for "Deep monitoring" settings of process groups. (APM-367799)
- Fixed an issue with missing data for network TCP metrics on the new host page. (APM-367774)
- Resolved issue in which, using the new Settings 2.0 Custom IP mapping configuration, a mapping that only resolved to the region (not city) would not be recognized. (RUM-5988)
- Resolved broken links in Markdown tiles. (APM-371433)
- Enables the background migration of OneAgent settings (v1 to v2) regardless of any constraint so that existing settings will be persisted as they are. (APM-371980)
- Fixed issue that prevented the creation of a calculated service metric for a specific service ID. (APM-367310)
- Improved performance of user creation in public REST API. (APM-367181)
- Resolved issue causing unusable mobile provider page in some cases when rewrite rules were used to remove the protocol of web request URLs. (RUM-5788)
- Text in the content column of the log viewer is no longer truncated. (APM-366198)
- In ServiceNow notifications, missing metric information is now provided (metric selector is exposed as `metricName`). (APM-367922)
- Fixed a problem in which the RUM application configuration could not be stored. (RUM-5677)
- The monitoringDataPath of auto-injected applications can now be reset to null via the Configuration API. (RUM-5622)
- Resolved an issue that prevented mobile apps from switching on and off using the configuration UI. (APM-371139)
- Fixed an issue in which web service detection rules didn't apply as configured for rules using segmentsToCopyFromUrlPath in contextRoot. (APM-373214)
- Fixed the displayed date of the last Elasticsearch backup. (APM-367395)
- Vulnerability: Upgraded the jackson-databind library to 22.214.171.124 in response to CVE-2020-36518. (APM-360102)
- A `%` sign in SLO title no longer causes `An error occurred` in SLO tile. (APM-370516)
- The HAProxy plugin now works correctly when the configuration file contains excess spaces in the stats socket line. (APM-368350)
- Restored display of missing EEC self-monitoring metrics. (APM-369870)
- The filter component now uses a default data source when none is available. (APM-366531)