Dynatrace Managed release notes version 1.196
New features and enhancements
- Reporting at scale leveraging cross-environment dashboards (General Availability)
Dynatrace cross-environment dashboards are capable of combining monitoring artifacts from separate Dynatrace environments and can even support remote management zones.
- Expand application and infrastructure observability with operational insights into Kubernetes pods
Dynatrace is the only Kubernetes monitoring solution that provides continuous automation and full-stack advanced observability without changing code, container images, or deployments. By deploying OneAgent via the OneAgent Operator in Kubernetes environments, application teams can understand and ensure that their applications deliver the expected value and performance. Get instant operational insights into your Kubernetes pods […]
- No need to compromise visibility in public clouds with the new Azure services supported by Dynatrace
Dynatrace is developing a deeper integration with Azure to provide even more value to organizations that run their businesses on it or use it as a part of their multi-cloud strategy. Dynatrace has long featured broad support for Azure Services, and now we're happy to announce support for new Azure services, with many more to come soon.
- Easy SLA and SLO reporting for all your API endpoints with public synthetic HTTP monitors
Dynatrace is proud to announce our first set of fully integrated, worldwide, multi-cloud, and high-availability public locations for HTTP monitoring. You can now detect regional issues by leveraging a range private and public Synthetic locations.
- Dynatrace Managed turnkey Premium High Availability for globally distributed data centers
Updated Jan 25, 2021: Premium High Availability for Dynatrace Managed is now available in a GA release Dynatrace Managed is intrinsically highly available as it stores three copies of all events, user sessions, and metrics across its cluster nodes. This means that Dynatrace continues full operation when a majority of nodes are up and a […]
- Large scale deployments are easy and cost-effective with network zones (Early Adopter)
Dynatrace network zones help global enterprises route traffic efficiently across data centers and network regions around the world.
- Massively automate enterprise operations using Dynatrace information discovered with the Monitored entities API v2
Dynatrace is happy to announce the improved Monitored entities REST API v2. Use it to flow Dynatrace context information into third-party integrations and massively automate business-critical processes like deployment pipelines, CI toolchains, and cloud migration projects.
- Extend infrastructure observability with JMX Extensions and additional full-stack metrics
We're extending infrastructure monitoring mode with additional metrics that were previously only available in full-stack mode. Now you can monitor any infrastructure component and backing service that's written in Java with Dynatrace Infrastructure Monitoring 2.0.
- Install private Synthetic monitoring locations on Linux faster with the new automated workflow
Private Synthetic monitoring locations are the perfect solution for situations when you need to synthetically monitor applications that are not available externally.
- Optimized OneAgent and ActiveGate installation package disk space utilization with automatic cleanup of unused ActiveGate packages and Synthetic modules.
- SSL certificates and keys are now stored in
- Community invitation email content was updated to make it easier for users to get started.
Cluster Management Console
- Chat can now also be launched from Deployment status pages.
- Featured product news menu entries are now visible in the context of Deployment status pages.
Installation and upgrade
- The JRE was updated to version 8u252 to take advantage of the latest security-vulnerability enhancements and bug fixes. All services will be automatically restarted during the upgrade.
- Easier deployment of HTTPS proxy trusted certificate via
--network-proxy-cert-file <path>. See installation command line parameter.
General Availability (Build 1.196.71)
The 1.196 GA release contains 52 resolved issues (including 1 vulnerability resolution).
|Cluster Management Console||11|
|Installer and Upgrade||2|
|User Interface||5 (1 vulnerability)|
|agent & sg||2|
- Corrected reporting of Health Percentage metric. (APM-241680)
- Fixed a link in the cloud application's custom alert. (APM-242664)
- Fixed a possible data loss for Memory Profiling. (APM-244576)
- Custom chart timeseries tooltip now accurately displays the name of the entity. (APM-241252)
- Improved detection of user agent from browser monitors. (APM-239950)
- Visually complete and Nav timings values higher than 180 seconds are now ignored. (APM-238368)
- List of sessions now correctly displayed for selected anonymous and non-anonymous users when navigating to User Detail page by clicking on the user tag in the Session Details page. (APM-235018)
- Clarified error message for Dashboard API calls where tiles have a remote URI that is not yet configured. (APM-237060)
- Managed: User-configured custom metrics environment limits are now correctly enforced. (APM-241490)
- Fixed an issue of invalid problems not triggering notifications in some cases. (APM-241613)
- "Exists" condition works correctly now for global request naming and calculated metrics. (APM-243385)
- Charts created over the API with invalid entity ID filters now ignore those entities. (APM-237233)
- Large method hotspots analysis now produces the correct results instead of showing no data at all. (APM-241110)
- When a browser monitor custom metric is created with a duplicate metric key, the correct error message is displayed. (APM-240717)
- Custom service restricted to process groups remains activated on non-allowed process groups until OneAgent is restarted. (APM-240354)
- Resolved issue with user action times overlapping in corner cases. (APM-235477)
- Improved handling of invalid Global Timeframe Selectors. (APM-237810)
- You can now configure Kafka JMX extension alerts when the extension is not enabled globally. (APM-234679)
- Time series of response times are now only booked if the call has no "duration repaired" flaw preventing incorrect MIN value of "0". (APM-241285)
- Improved Unicode handling in RUM beacons. (APM-238156)
- Improved Log Monitoring ingestion workflow. (APM-241427)
- Fixed incorrect OpenAPI spec for gcePublicIpAddresses in Entity Rest API. (APM-238145)
- When sorted by Used memory, EC2 instances are now ordered by the percentage of memory usage. (APM-239362)
- Users without access to the environment but with access to the management zone now have proper access rights to deployment status screen. (APM-243022)
- Fixed display of host/process names in log selection on Log metric edit screen. (APM-237963)
Cluster Management Console
- Resolved problem in which sign-in failed on clusters with auto-logout enabled when time between login page load and sign-in attempt was too long. (APM-241083)
- Fixed possible infinite loop when authenticating with OpenID Connect. (APM-241753)
- "File not found" error no longer thrown when testing the backup location on a multi-mode setup. (APM-240967)
- Scheduled auto-update notification is no longer displayed during an upgrade. (APM-217000)
- The re-setting of data files permission is no longer performed during upgrade, which shortens the upgrade time, especially during complex stages. (APM-243175)
- Resolved issue with signing in to a newly created environment in OpenLDAP with memberOf support. (APM-239018)
- Fixed invalid username ("null null") in welcome to community email. (APM-238581)
- Clarified logging for ES node removal. (APM-239545)
- Private location of Synthetic-only Cluster ActiveGates will no longer be incorrectly displayed as "Unassigned" on the ActiveGates overview page. (APM-239328)
- Resolved issue in which OpenID Connect authenticated user experienced errors due to unnecessary ID token validation. (APM-243485)
- Resolved issue that caused installation package upload to sometimes fail with 504 HTTP error code. (APM-225904)
- The AWS Supporting Service instance screen doesn't display an error message when run with ActiveGate version 181. (APM-242195)
- Key metrics for AWS Supporting Services are now displayed correctly (in infographics and in columns on the list of service instances). (APM-243353)
Installer and Upgrade
- Resolved a problem with the Managed Cluster upgrade on an NFS share when upgrade of Elasticsearch and Cassandra is skipped. (APM-237921)
- Fixed the exclusion of short time series tables from backup. (APM-245167)
- Log Analytics usage is now displayed correctly for customers with multi-year license (calculated based on quota/license length). (APM-242809)
- Multi-year licenses had incorrectly calculated Log Analytics limits - total limit was always based on one year, but now it is based on all the years. (APM-237781)
- Filtering user action properties via table entries works properly again. (APM-239039)
- Increased validations when modifying dashboards via REST API. (APM-237101)
- Vulnerability: Users can no longer prolong the validness of invalid sessions. (APM-238113)
- Data requests now correctly triggered per selected user when navigating back to User Details page. (APM-237972)
- The Conversion aggregation component has been updated to also account for live sessions. (APM-239112)
- Upon initial page load, the side-tab data and the sessions list table are correctly displayed. (APM-239906)
- Fixed overflowing text in the user menu when the environment name is very long. (APM-236499)
agent & sg
- Fixed an issue where entities that have been inactive for more than 10 days took longer to be visible in the UI than usual. (APM-239297)
- Splitting request attributes where the delimiter was not found now yields a list containing the input string instead of an empty list. (APM-236722)
- Improved detection of whether resource was cached. (APM-236958)
Update 80 (Build 1.196.80)
This cumulative update contains 1 resolved issue and all previously released updates for the 1.196 release.
- Users now receive all the Dynatrace Mobile App notifications on iOS. (APM-246509)