ActiveGate release notes version 1.231
With this release, the oldest supported ActiveGate versions are:
Dynatrace extension framework upgrade notice
Starting with Dynatrace OneAgent and ActiveGate version 1.231, we are upgrading the Extension Framework (also referred to as the plugins framework) from Python 3.6 to Python 3.8.
- Consequences: Some Dynatrace extensions running in your environment may stop working and require redeployment of a new version prepared for Python 3.8.
- No data is provided for affected metrics on dashboards, alerts, and custom device pages populated by the affected extension metrics.
- Extension logs display errors. Most often this will manifest itself as Python
ModuleNotFoundErrorin the PluginAgent log.
- Sometimes the Python virtual machine crashes.
- Impact: This issue affects only those extensions that use native libraries called from Python code distributed with the extension.
|Extension||What to do|
For assistance, please contact a Dynatrace ONE product specialist by selecting the chat button in the upper-right corner of the Dynatrace menu bar.
No action required. Extensions distributed with OneAgent will be updated automatically to work with Python 3.8 together with the Python upgrade.
To learn about upgrading custom Dynatrace extensions from Python 3.6 to Python 3.8, see Upgrade custom Dynatrace extensions from Python 3.6 to Python 3.8.
Chromium support for private Synthetic locations
Chromium 96 is now the latest supported version for Synthetic-enabled ActiveGate versions 1.231–1.233 for Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS 8, and bundled with the Windows ActiveGate installer. For more information, see Requirements for private Synthetic locations.
Chromium 96 is supported starting with Synthetic module version 126.96.36.19920111-140719. You will get Chromium version 96 automatically or these Linux-based operating systems if you've selected Enable Chromium Auto-update for your private locations. Otherwise, you need to update Chromium manually—see Manage private Synthetic locations. We recommend that you update Chromium to version 96, because it solves authentication issues caused by Chromium version 95.
- Chromium development for Ubuntu 16.04 stopped at version 90.
- An update for Chromium on Red Hat Enterprise and CentOS 7 is available with ActiveGate version 1.235. (Chromium development had previously stopped at version 90.)
Operating systems support
Future Dynatrace ActiveGate operating systems support changes
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 February 2023
- Linux: Ubuntu 14.04
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 July 2023
- Linux: SUSE Enterprise Linux 15.1
Past Dynatrace ActiveGate operating systems support changes
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 July 2022
- Linux: Amazon Linux AMI 2014.03, 2017.09
- Vendor announcement
- Linux: CentOS 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4
- Vendor announcement
- Linux: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 8.0, 8.1, 8.3
The following operating systems are no longer supported since 01 November 2022
- Linux: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.2
General Availability (Build 1.231.231)
The 1.231 GA release contains 3 resolved issues (including 1 vulnerability resolution).
- Vulnerability: Guava: Google Core Libraries for Java have been updated in response to CVE-2020-8908. (APM-307890)
- Kubernetes container-restart metric is now written only if there was at least one restart. (APM-339456)
infrastructure monitoring solution
- Unmounted/inaccessible VMware datastores no longer raise alerts about no free space left. (APM-333006)