The process of monitoring the user experience of your native mobile apps is fundamentally different from monitoring browser-based web applications. This is because mobile-app monitoring involves the compilation, packaging, and shipment of a monitoring library along with your own mobile application package. The process of instrumenting your mobile application largely depends on the platform of your mobile application (Android or iOS).
To begin monitoring a mobile app:
- Select Deploy Dynatrace in the navigation menu.
- Click the Set up mobile monitoring button. You'll be redirected to a page where you enter the name of your mobile application.
- Once you've provided a name for your app, click Create mobile app. This step creates a new mobile application within Dynatrace. You're then redirected to the application's Instrumentation settings page.
- Follow the instrumentation instructions to set up your mobile app and receive real user data within Dynatrace.
Mobile OneAgent monitoring capabilities
Mobile OneAgent provides visibility into:
- Activity lifecycle
- User actions, such as button and menu item clicks
- Web requests
- Custom values
- User identification via tagging