- Generally available and fully supported.
- Beta features: Dynatrace releases a new OneAgent version every month with a roll forward approach. New features are introduced in a Beta phase on an opt-in basis. Beta features are not feature complete but fully supported and production ready. Please provide feedback on answers.dynatrace.com.
- Early Access Program: These features are in the final stages of development and ready to be used by early adopters. They are not production ready and not officially supported.
- Future: A feature or technology support that is either on the roadmap, or might be considered on demand.
- Not planned: A feature or technology support that Dynatrace will not pursue at the moment.
- n/a: not applicable
Operating systems supported by the OneAgent
The tables below contain information about the supported OneAgent capabilities for the supported operating systems.
|OneAgent feature or function||Windows||Linux x86/x64||Alpine Linux||AIX PPC||Solaris SPARC||Linux PPC-LE (64bit)||z/Linux||z/OS|
|OneAgent SDK for C/C++|
|OneAgent SDK for Java|
|OneAgent SDK for Node.js||n/a||n/a|
|OneAgent SDK for Python||n/a||n/a|
|Plugin module||n/a||(JMX )|
|IBM Integration Bus (IIB)||n/a||n/a|
|Auto-update of all modules||n/a|
|Auto-injection of code modules||1||n/a2|
|Universal injection of code modules||1|
|Auto-injection for containers||n/a|
1Alpine Linux is supported in containers only see Alpine linux and musl images.
2Global auto injection is not possible for AIX, please use the universal injection as described in the AIX OneAgent installation page.
Enterprise Cloud platforms supported by the OneAgent
The tables below contains information about the supported OneAgent capabilities for the supported Cloud platforms.
|OneAgent feature or function||CloudFoundry||CloudFoundry app only 4||OpenShift5||Openshift app only||Kubernetes5||Kubernetes app only|
|OneAgent SDK for C/C++|
|Auto-update of all modules||n/a||5||n/a||5||n/a|
|Auto-injection of code modules||n/a||5||n/a||5||n/a|
|Universal injection of code modules|
|Auto-injection for containers||n/a||n/a||n/a|
Cloud Application platforms supported by the OneAgent
The tables below contains information about the supported OneAgent capabilities for the supported Cloud application platforms.
|OneAgent feature or function||AWS Lambda||Azure App services||Heroku app only|
|Universal injection of code modules||n/a|
Auto injection of code modules
Auto-injection automatically injects the code modules into monitored applications in completely transparent and automatic fashion that requires no configuration or intervention by the user. This way of deep monitoring is supported for Windows and Linux. Among other things it also automatically injects the code modules into Docker containers and CloudFoundry Garden containers. This means that you do not have to change any container images on monitored platforms to gain full insight.
Universal injection of code modules
Universal injection allows Dynatrace to inject code modules into applications in a unified way across several platform, in situations where the auto-injection is not available. This applies to AIX and Solaris as well as to CloudFoundry application only, OpenShift application only, Kubernetes application only and Heroku.
Outside of these specifically mentioned cases this feature is not to be used directly!
It should be noted that any form of undocumented injection, like older forms of manual injection, are not supported.
Alpine Linux and musl-based images
Dynatrace supports Alpine Linux based containers (musl based containers) on monitored Linux x86/x64 hosts. This includes Openshift, Kubernetes and CloudFoundry installations and all forms of Docker environments. In these environments Dynatrace OneAgent automatically injects the code modules into the applications running inside the container.
Alpine Linux is also supported in Openshift application only and Kubernetes application only integrations as well as when pushing Docker images to Cloud Foundry and Heroku. This happens via the universal injection.
Dynatrace OneAgent does not support direct installation in Alpine based Linux systems.
OneAgent deployment via Docker container (DaemonSet)
Dynatrace supports two approaches for rolling out OneAgent to Docker-based platforms.
- Deploying OneAgent via the normal Linux installer
- Deploying OneAgent via a Docker container
- Auto-update of modules is disabled, please restart the OneAgent container to receive agent updates
- Auto-injection of code-modules is disabled for native (i.e., non-containerized) processes
- JMX plugins aren't supported for technologies outside of containers
For a detailed list of limitations please consult the OneAgent deployment via Docker container documentation.