- Generally available and fully supported.
- Beta features: Dynatrace releases a new OneAgent version each month in a staged roll-out process. New features are introduced in a beta phase on an opt-in basis. Beta features aren't feature complete, but they're fully supported and production-ready. Please provide your feedback at Dynatrace Answers.
- Early Access Program: These features are in the final stages of development and are ready to be used by early adopters. Features aren't production-ready and they aren't officially supported.
- Future: A feature or technology support that is either on the roadmap or may be considered on-demand.
- Not planned: A feature or technology support that Dynatrace does not currently plan to pursue.
- n/a: Not applicable
Operating systems supported by OneAgent
The tables below contain information about the supported OneAgent capabilities for various supported operating systems.
|OneAgent feature or function||Windows||Linux x86/x64||Alpine Linux||AIX PPC||Solaris SPARC/x86||Linux PPC-LE (64bit)||z/Linux||z/OS|
|OneAgent SDK for C/C++|
|OneAgent SDK for Java|
|OneAgent SDK for Node.js||n/a||n/a|
|OneAgent SDK for Python||n/a||n/a|
|Plugin module||n/a||(JMX )|
|IBM Integration Bus (IIB)||n/a||n/a|
|Auto-update of all modules||n/a|
|Auto-injection of code modules||1||n/a2|
|Universal injection of code modules||1|
|Auto-injection for containers||n/a|
1Alpine Linux is supported in containers only. See Alpine linux and musl images.
2Global auto-injection isn't possible for AIX. Instead, use the universal injection approach, as described on the AIX OneAgent installation page.
Enterprise cloud platforms supported by OneAgent
The tables below contain information about the supported OneAgent capabilities for various supported Cloud platforms.
|OneAgent feature or function||Cloud Foundry||Cloud Foundry application-only 4||OpenShift5||Openshift application-only||Kubernetes5||Kubernetes application-only|
|OneAgent SDK for C/C++|
|Auto-update of all modules||n/a||5||n/a||5||n/a|
|Auto-injection of code modules||n/a||5||n/a||5||n/a|
|Universal injection of code modules|
|Auto-injection for containers||n/a||n/a||n/a|
3Not supported for Alpine Linux images.
4Cloud Foundry app only also applies to SAP Cloud and IBM Cloud
5OneAgent deployment via container (OneAgent Operator) has some limitations compared to standard OneAgent installation.
Cloud application platforms supported by OneAgent
The tables below contain information about the supported OneAgent capabilities for supported Cloud application platforms.
|OneAgent feature or function||AWS Lambda||Azure App services||Heroku application-only||Google App Engine|
|Universal injection of code modules||n/a|
Auto-injection of code modules
Auto-injection automatically injects code modules into monitored applications in a completely transparent and automatic fashion that requires no manual configuration or intervention. This approach to deep monitoring is supported for Windows and Linux. Among other things, auto-injection also automatically injects code modules into Docker containers and Cloud Foundry Garden containers. This means that you don't have to change any container images on monitored platforms to gain full insights.
Universal injection of code modules
Universal injection allows Dynatrace to inject code modules into applications in a unified way across multiple platforms, in situations where auto-injection isn't available. This applies to AIX and Solaris as well as to Cloud Foundry application-only, OpenShift application-only, Kubernetes application-only and Heroku.
Outside of these specific use cases, this feature isn't to be used directly!
Any form of undocumented injection (for example, older forms of manual injection) aren't supported.
Alpine Linux and musl-based images
Dynatrace supports Alpine Linux based containers (musl based containers) on monitored Linux x86_64 hosts. This includes Openshift, Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry installations and all forms of Docker environments. In these environments Dynatrace OneAgent automatically injects the code modules into the applications running inside the container.
Alpine Linux is also supported in Openshift application only and Kubernetes application only integrations as well as when pushing Docker images to Cloud Foundry and Heroku. This happens via the universal injection.
Dynatrace OneAgent doesn't support direct installation in Alpine based Linux systems.
OneAgent deployment via OneAgent Operator
Dynatrace supports two approaches for rolling out OneAgent to Kubernetes-based platforms.
- Auto-update mechanism of modules is disabled for container rollouts, however, the OneAgent Operator takes care restarting OneAgent pods to receive OneAgent updates.
- Auto-injection of code-modules is disabled for native (i.e., non-containerized) processes.
- JMX plugins aren't supported for technologies outside of containers
For a detailed list of limitations please consult the OneAgent deployment via Docker container documentation.