Since the OneAgent for z/OS consist of multiple components in both the distributed and the mainframe environments, the installation and deployment process is more complex compared to standard OneAgent deployment. However, with a bit of planning and coordination with the varied architecture groups, deployment of the OneAgent on z/OS can go smoothly.
Before you deploy the OneAgent on z/OS
Efficient OneAgent deployment on z/OS is typically a team effort involving the following:
- Mainframe Systems Programmer—Downloads and installs the OneAgent for z/OS product datasets.
- Mainframe Security Administrator—Sets up security for the zDC.
- Mainframe CICS Systems Programmer—Installs the CICS code module and CICS resource definitions in each of the CICS regions to be monitored.
- Mainframe IMS Systems Programmer—Installs the IMS code module in each of the IMS control regions to be monitored.
- Distributed Systems Installer—Installs the zRemote and Dynatrace ActiveGate.
Depending on your team, a single individual may be able to administer more than just one of the required areas/regions of the mainframe.