Since the z/OS code modules consist of multiple components in both the distributed and the mainframe environments, the installation and configuration process is more complex compared to standard OneAgent deployment. However, with a bit of planning and coordination with the varied architecture groups, deployment of the OneAgents on z/OS can go smoothly.
Before you install the z/OS code module
Efficient OneAgent deployment on z/OS is typically a team effort involving the following:
- Distributed Systems Installer—Installs the Dynatrace and the zRemote.
- Mainframe Systems Programmer—SMP/E installation of the product.
- Mainframe CICS Systems Programmer—Installs the CICS code module and tables in each of the CICS regions to be monitored.
- Mainframe IMS Systems Programmer—Injects the IMS code module into each IMS control region to be monitored.
- Mainframe Security Administrator—Sets up security for the zDC.
Depending on your team, a single individual may be able to administer more than just one of the required areas/regions of the mainframe.
OneAgents deployment on z/OS summary
- The distributed systems installer installs the zRemote.
- On the target mainframe, the mainframe systems programmer downloads and installs the z/OS components.
- Your mainframe security administrator configures security for the zDC.
- If monitoring one or more CICS regions, your mainframe CICS systems programmer installs the CICS code module.
- If monitoring one or more IMS control regions, your mainframe IMS systems programmer installs the IMS code module.
OneAgents on z/OS maintenance
On the target mainframe, the mainframe systems programmer can download and install z/OS SMP/E maintenance