To update OneAgent on AIX, for v.141, use the standard Dynatrace OneAgent update supported for Windows and Linux.
For v.140 and earlier:
Redo all steps of the initial installation but install Dynatrace OneAgent into a new directory.
Stop all monitored processes.
Rename the current Dynatrace OneAgent installation directory (for example,
/opt/dynatrace/oneagent-old) using the following command:
mv /opt/dynatrace/oneagent /opt/dynatrace/oneagent-old. This folder can be deleted following Dynatrace OneAgent update.
Rename the updated Dynatrace OneAgent folder to point to the original installation directory (for example,
/opt/dynatrace/oneagent) using the following command:
mv /opt/dynatrace/oneagent-update /opt/dynatrace/oneagent
Restart all processes that are to be monitored.
How to check the currently installed version of OneAgent
To check which version of OneAgent you have installed
- Select Hosts from the navigation menu.
- Click the host you are interested in.
- Expand Properties under the host's name. The installed version of OneAgent is included in the listed properties.
- Select Deployment status from the navigation menu.
- Click the All hosts or Recently connected hosts tab.
- Expand the host entry you are interested in. The installed version of OneAgent is included in the information that shows up.