To fully automate the monitoring of your operating systems, processes, and network interfaces Dynatrace requires privileged access to your operating system during both installation and operation.
Dynatrace OneAgent is tested extensively to ensure that it has minimal performance impact on your system and conforms to the highest security standards.
Dynatrace OneAgent requires admin privileges for:
- Adding an entry for Dynatrace OneAgent to
- Registering Dynatrace OneAgent service in the system's init via the
Dynatrace OneAgent requires admin privileges to:
- Access the list of open sockets for each process.
- Access the list of libraries loaded for each process.
- Access the name and path of the executable file for each process.
- Access command line parameters for each process.
- Monitor network traffic.
- Read application configuration files.
System logs downloaded by OneAgent
Dynatrace OneAgent downloads specific system logs so that Dynatrace can diagnose issues that may be caused by conditions in your environment. Most often such issues are related to deep monitoring or installations run as automatic updates. System logs downloaded by OneAgent on AIX are: