Service Fabric is a distributed systems platform for packaging, deploying, and managing applications and containers at scale. It enables developers to compose cloud applications from microservices that run at high density on a shared pool of machines.
Dynatrace offers the following capabilities for Azure Service Fabric.
- Full-stack monitoring powered OneAgent
- Extensions for easy deployment of OneAgent
- Integration with Azure Monitor
- Enhanced support for Azure VM Metadata such as Azure Regions, Scale-set and more
- Automatic service detection for "reliable services" written in .NET
- .NET support for Service Fabric Remoting protocol for automatic end-2-end tracing across reliable services.
- Automatic instrumentation including containerized applications especially Windows Server Containers
Tips and tricks
To make sure that deep monitoring is enabled for your services, including code-level visibility, check the settings on monitored technologies.
Scroll through the list of process groups and make sure that service monitoring is enabled for all our services deployed to Service Fabric.
Typically, the naming scheme is similar to
You'll also find several services that are actually Service Fabric internal services. These include
ServiceFabricNodeBootstrapAgent.exe, and many others. You can leave service monitoring disabled for these services as deep monitoring support isn't provided for them.
After enabling deep monitoring, restart all the services you enabled for monitoring.
To deploy OneAgent on Azure Service Fabric you need to follow the same procedure as for Azure Virtual Machines Scale Set.