Azure App Service allows you to run and scale your applications effortlessly, using a fully managed platform.
Dynatrace offers the following capabilities for Azure App Service.
- Limited full-stack monitoring powered OneAgent.
- Extension for easy deployment of OneAgent
- Integration with Azure Monitor
- Enhanced support for Azure App Service metadata such as compute mode, SKU, Webapp Sitename and more.
- Automatic service detection of services running in App Services
Since Azure App Services are a fully managed hosting platform, applications are deployed into a sandboxed environment that doesn't allow direct access to the underlying operating system. This results into some restrictions for OneAgent:
- Log monitoring isn't available
- I/O monitoring requires Azure Monitor integration
- Code-module support limited to .NET/.NET Core, Java, Node.js and IIS
The Azure App Service Extension functionality is currently only available for App Services (web applications, API applications, and mobile apps) on Windows.
Installation and operation
Follow the instructions provided in the following topics to deploy and operate OneAgent on Azure App Service.