Dynatrace ingests metrics for multiple preselected namespaces, including Azure Integration Service Environment. You can view metrics for each service instance, split metrics into multiple dimensions, and create custom charts that you can pin to your dashboards.
- Dynatrace version 1.200+
- Environment ActiveGate version 1.198+
To enable monitoring for this service, you first need to set up integration with Azure Monitor.
Add the service to monitoring
In order to view the service metrics, you must add the service to monitoring in your Dynatrace environment.
- Go to Settings > Cloud and virtualization and select Azure.
- On the Azure overview page, scroll down and select the desired instance. Select the Edit button.
- Scroll down, select Manage services and Add service. Choose the service name from the list and select Add service.
- Select Save changes.
Monitor resources based on tags
You can choose to monitor resources based on existing Azure tags, as Dynatrace automatically imports them from service instances.
To monitor resources based on tags
- Go to Settings > Cloud and virtualization > Azure and select the Azure instance.
- For Resource monitoring method, select Monitor resources based on tags.
- Enter the Key and Value.
- Select Save.
Note: To import the Azure tags automatically into Dynatrace, enable Capture Azure tags automatically.
Configure service metrics
Once you add a service, Dynatrace starts automatically collecting a suite of metrics for this particular service. These are recommended metrics.
- Are enabled by default
- Can't be disabled
- Can have recommended dimensions (enabled by default, can't be disabled)
- Can have optional dimensions (disabled by default, can be enabled).
Apart from the recommended metrics, most services have the possibility of enabling optional metrics.
- Can be added and configured manually
- Go to Settings > Cloud and virtualization and select Azure.
- On the Azure overview page, scroll down and select the desired Azure instance. Select the Edit button.
- Scroll down to the Supporting services section and select Manage services.
- To add a metric, select the service for which you want to add metrics.
- Select Add metric.
- From the menu, select the metric you want.
- Select Add metric to add the metric to monitoring.
- To configure a metric, select the Edit button associated with it.
- Select Apply to save your configuration.
View service metrics
You can view the service metrics in your Dynatrace environment either on the custom device overview page or on your Dashboards page.
View metrics on the custom device overview page
To access the custom device overview page
- Go to Technologies on the Dynatrace navigation menu.
- Filter by service name and select the relevant custom device group.
- Once you select the custom device group, you're on the custom device group overview page.
- The custom device group overview page lists all instances (custom devices) belonging to the group. Select an instance to view the custom device overview page.
View metrics on your dashboard
Once you add a service to monitoring, a preset dashboard for the respective service containing all recommended metrics is automatically created on your Dashboards page. You can look for specific dashboards by filtering by Preset and then by Name.
Note: For existing monitored services, you might need to resave your credentials for the preset dashboard to appear on the Dashboards page. To resave your credentials, go to Settings > Cloud and virtualization > Azure, select the desired Azure instance, then select Save.
You can't make changes on a preset dashboard directly, but you can clone and edit it. To clone a dashboard, open the browse menu (...) and select Clone.
To remove a dashboard from the dashboards list, you can hide it. To hide a dashboard, open the browse menu (...) and select Hide.
Note: Hiding a dashboard doesn't affect other users.
Note: Azure Integration Service Environment can be connected with Azure Logic Apps. For more information, see Connect to Azure virtual networks from Azure Logic Apps by using an integration service environment.
Dashboard for Azure Integration Service Environment with Azure Logic Apps
|ActionLatency||Latency of completed workflow actions||Second||✔️|
|ActionSuccessLatency||Latency of succeeded workflow actions||Second||✔️|
|ActionThrottledEvents||Number of workflow action throttled events||Count||✔️|
|ActionsCompleted||Number of workflow actions completed||Count||✔️|
|ActionsFailed||Number of workflow actions failed||Count||✔️|
|ActionsSkipped||Number of workflow actions skipped||Count||✔️|
|ActionsStarted||Number of workflow actions started||Count||✔️|
|ActionsSucceeded||Number of workflow actions succeeded||Count||✔️|
|IntegrationServiceEnvironmentWorkflowMemoryUsage||Workflow memory usage for integration service environment||Percent||✔️|
|IntegrationServiceEnvironmentWorkflowProcessorUsage||Workflow processor usage for integration service environment||Percent||✔️|
|RunFailurePercentage||Percentage of workflow runs failed||Percent|
|RunLatency||Latency of completed workflow runs||Second||✔️|
|RunStartThrottledEvents||Number of workflow run start throttled events||Count||✔️|
|RunSuccessLatency||Latency of succeeded workflow runs||Second||✔️|
|RunThrottledEvents||Number of workflow action or trigger throttled events||Count||✔️|
|RunsCancelled||Number of workflow runs cancelled||Count||✔️|
|RunsCompleted||Number of workflow runs completed||Count||✔️|
|RunsFailed||Number of workflow runs failed||Count||✔️|
|RunsStarted||Number of workflow runs started||Count||✔️|
|RunsSucceeded||Number of workflow runs succeeded||Count||✔️|
|TriggerFireLatency||Latency of fired workflow triggers||Second||✔️|
|TriggerLatency||Latency of completed workflow triggers||Second||✔️|
|TriggerSuccessLatency||Latency of succeeded workflow triggers||Second||✔️|
|TriggerThrottledEvents||Number of workflow trigger throttled events||Count||✔️|
|TriggersCompleted||Number of workflow triggers completed||Count||✔️|
|TriggersFailed||Number of workflow triggers failed||Count||✔️|
|TriggersFired||Number of workflow triggers fired||Count||✔️|
|TriggersSkipped||Number of workflow triggers skipped||Count||✔️|
|TriggersStarted||Number of workflow triggers started||Count||✔️|
|TriggersSucceeded||Number of workflow triggers succeeded||Count||✔️|