Azure App Service allows you to run and scale your applications effortlessly, using a fully managed platform.
Dynatrace offers the following capabilities for Azure App Service.
- Limited full-stack monitoring powered OneAgent.
- Extension for easy deployment of OneAgent.
- Integration with Azure Monitor.
- Enhanced support for Azure App Service metadata such as compute mode, SKU, Webapp Sitename and more.
- Automatic service detection of services running in App Services.
Since Azure App Services are a fully managed hosting platform, applications are deployed into a sandboxed environment that doesn't allow direct access to the underlying operating system. This results into some restrictions for OneAgent:
- Log monitoring isn't available.
- I/O monitoring requires Azure Monitor integration.
- Code-module support limited to .NET/.NET Core, Java, Node.js and IIS.
Note: The Azure App Service Extension functionality is currently only available for App Services (web applications, API applications, and mobile apps) on Windows.