Find out how to install and configure the Dynatrace Service Broker for VMWare Tanzu Platform dashboard tile (formerly Pivotal Platform), as well as how to set up application monitoring for the Dynatrace SaaS/Managed service by creating an instance of the service and binding it to an application.
Install the Dynatrace Service Broker tile
Install the Dynatrace Service Broker tile through your Ops Manager Installation Dashboard by performing the following steps:
- Download the product file from VMWare Tanzu Network.
- Upload the product file from the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard.
- Click Add next to the uploaded Dynatrace Service Broker tile in the Ops Manager Available Products view to add it to your staging area.
- Click the newly added Dynatrace Service Broker tile to open the configuration options.
- Click Save.
Configure the Dynatrace Service Broker tile
Multiple Dynatrace SaaS/Managed environments can be supported simultaneously.
To configure the Dynatrace Service Broker tile, perform the following steps:
In VMWare Ops Manager, click the Dynatrace Service Broker tile to open its configuration options.
Click Assign AZs and Networks to configure the network and availability zones.
Click SaaS/Managed Plans, and then Add in the upper-right corner to add a service plan.
Perform the following steps to create and configure each service plan
- Enter a
- Type your Environment ID and Paas token.
- Click Save.
The API base URL is only required for Dynatrace Managed environments. It specifies the API endpoint of your Managed Server and needs to be set to
Click Apply Changes.
Set up application monitoring
cf create-service SERVICE PLAN SERVICE_INSTANCE
- SERVICE needs to be
- PLAN depends on the plans that have been configured in Ops Manager; in the example above, this would be
- SERVICE_INSTANCE is the name of the
cfservice that will be created and which you need to bind to the application.
After binding the service to an application, start using Dynatrace SaaS/Managed.