This topic explains how to install and configure the Dynatrace Service Broker for Pivotal Platform dashboard tile. The topic also describes how to set up application monitoring for the Dynatrace SaaS/Managed service by creating an instance of the service and binding it to an application. The Dynatrace Service Broker tile is currently in an Early Adopter Release.
Install the Dynatrace Service Broker tile
Install the Dynatrace Service Broker tile through your Ops Manager Installation Dashboard by performing the following steps:
- Download the product file from Pivotal Network.
- Upload the product file from the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard.
- Click Add next to the uploaded Dynatrace Service Broker tile in the Ops Manager Available Products view to add it to your staging area.
- Click the newly added Dynatrace Service Broker tile to open the configuration options.
- Click Save.
Configure the Dynatrace Service Broker tile
Multiple Dynatrace SaaS/Managed environments can be supported simultaneously.
To configure the Dynatrace Service Broker tile, perform the following steps:
In Pivotal Ops Manager, click the Dynatrace Service Broker tile to open its configuration options.
Click Assign AZs and Networks to configure the network and availability zones.
Click SaaS/Managed Plans, and then click the Add button in the upper-right corner to add a service plan.
Perform the following steps to create and configure each service plan
- Enter a
- Type your Environment ID and Paas token.
- Click Save.
The API base URL is only required for Dynatrace Managed environments. It specifies the API endpoint of your Managed Server and needs to be set to
Click Apply Changes.
Set up application monitoring
To set up application monitoring with the Dynatrace SaaS/Managed Service, bind the service to an application in Apps Manager or use the cf CLI. Here is the cf CLI command to use for passing the parameters:
cf create-service SERVICE PLAN SERVICE_INSTANCE
- SERVICE will always be
- PLAN depends on the plans that have been configured in Ops Manager; in the example above, this would be
- SERVICE_INSTANCE is the name of the cf service that will be created and which you need to bind to the application.
After binding the service to an application, start using Dynatrace SaaS/Managed.