Custom service detection allows you to define your own service-detection rules on top of the default set of detection rules, enabling you to:
- Adding granularity when one process provides a number of different services that should be tracked as individual services
- Extending service detection to include batch jobs
- Before defining custom service detection for PHP, ensure that the OneAgent version is 1.133 or later.
Define custom service detection
- Go to Settings > Server-side service monitoring > Custom service detection.
- Click the PHP services tab.
- Click Define PHP service, name the service, and click Define entry point manually.
- Assign a File name, an optional Fully qualified class name, and a Method to the service, and click Save. Each time the specified method is called within a request, the request will be associated with this defined service. Also, this newly defined service will be displayed in the Smartscape view, Service flows, its own standalone service overview page.