Learn how to monitor your MySQL database using the MySQL ActiveGate extension. The extension supports MySQL versions 5.7 and 8, as well as the corresponding versions of MariaDB and Percona Server.
- Environment ActiveGate with remote access to the MySQL database server
- A MySQL database user 1
This extension uses the "show global status" and "show global variables" commands. The commands don't require any specific privileges, only the ability to connect to the server.
To install the MySQL database extension
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Hub.
- Find and select MySQL (remote monitoring).
- Select Download to get the extension ZIP file. Don't rename the file.
- Unzip the ZIP file to the
plugin_deploymentdirectory of your ActiveGate host. If the resulting directory structure isn't
<EXTENSION-SPECIFIC-DIRECTORY>is the name of the directory containing the files for this extension, make the necessary changes.
- In Dynatrace, go to Settings > Monitoring > Monitored technologies.
- Select Add new technology monitoring and then Add ActiveGate extension.
- Select Upload extension and upload the ZIP file.
- After you upload the extension, go to Settings > Monitoring > Monitored technologies and switch to the Custom extensions tab.
- Find the extension and select it to open it for Endpoint configuration.
- Enter the endpoint information.
Enter a meaningful endpoint name.
The MySQL database user name.
The MySQL database user password.
The DNS or IP address that the database resides on.
The default port is
Type or select an ActiveGate.
Available metrics are listed below.
- Connection Errors
- Slow Queries
- Slow Queries Rate
- InnoDB file I/O - reads
- InnoDB file I/O - writes
- InnoDB buffer pool size
- InnoDB buffer pool pages - Total
- InnoDB buffer pool pages - Dirty
- InnoDB buffer pool pages - Free
- InnoDB buffer pool pages - Data
- Query Cache Hits
- Query Cache - Not cached
- Free memory
- Queries in cache
- Table locks - Waited
- Table locks - Immediate
- Created temporary tables - Disk Tables
- Created temporary tables - Tables