Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus
Learn how to extract metrics from Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus (AMP) using the AMP ActiveGate extension.
Environment ActiveGate with access to the AMP Endpoint - query URL
A Dynatrace API token with the permissions
An AWS Access key + Secret access key with permissions for the actions
To install the AMP extension
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Hub.
- Find and select Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus.
- Select Download to get the extension ZIP file. Don't rename the file.
- Unzip the ZIP file to the
plugin_deploymentdirectory of your ActiveGate host. If the resulting directory structure isn't
<EXTENSION-SPECIFIC-DIRECTORY>is the name of the directory containing the files for this extension, make the necessary changes.
- In Dynatrace, go to Settings > Monitoring > Monitored technologies.
- Select Add new technology monitoring and then Add ActiveGate extension.
- Select Upload extension and upload the ZIP file.
- After you upload the extension, go to Settings > Monitoring > Monitored technologies and switch to the Custom extensions tab.
- Find the extension and select it to open it for Endpoint configuration.
- Enter the endpoint information.
Enter a meaningful endpoint name.
Dynatrace Tenant URL
Complete URL of the environment/tenant.
Dynatrace API Token
Access token used to authenticate the calls to the Dynatrace environment. Required API v2 permissions:
AWS Access Key
Permission for the following actions:
AWS Secret Access Key
The secret access key that corresponds with the access key.
The AWS region where the AMP is located. For example:
AWS Managed Prometheus Workspace ID
The AMP workspace ID. This can be found on the workspace detail page.
Metrics to ingest
To ingest several metrics, enter one metric per line. PromQL can be used for complex queries. Start a line with
The extension sends the AMP metrics through the Dynatrace Metrics API v2 ingest channel. Use the Data explorer to access the collected metrics. The metrics start with the
Collected metrics consume Davis Data Units. For more information, see DDUs for custom metrics.