Dynatrace offers an out-of-the-box VictorOps integration that automatically pushes Dynatrace problem notifications to your VictorOps environment.
To set up VictorOps problem-notification integration
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Settings > Integration > Problem notifications.
- Select Set up notifications and select VictorOps from the available notification types.
- Configure the notification:
This is the freeform name of this integration that will be displayed in Dynatrace on Settings > Integration > Problem notifications when you finish this configuration.
Enter the auto-generated VictorOps API key here.
To get your VictorOps API key
- Switch to your VictorOps account.
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Settings > Integrations > Rest Endpoint > Dynatrace and copy the API key.
- Return to Dynatrace and paste it into API key.
Set a routing key to send problem notifications to the responsible team.
Insert a custom message that includes text and problem-related placeholders.Placeholders
The Available placeholders section of the configuration page lists placeholders you can use for this integration. Placeholders are automatically replaced with values in the message.
Assign an Alerting profile.
- Select Send test notification to make sure your VictorOps integration is working.
- Save changes.