Dynatrace offers several out-of-the-box integrations that automatically push Dynatrace problem notifications to your third-party messaging or incident-management systems. If, however, your third-party system isn't supported with an out-of-the-box integration, you can easily set up email integration. Using this approach, an email is sent out whenever Dynatrace detects a problem in your environment that affects real users.
You can customize the subject line of problem-notification emails by defining a text template that includes placeholders that are dynamically populated with relevant problem details, such as problem ID, problem impact, or problem state. By default, the body of email notifications contain an HTML-formatted description of the detected problem and a direct link to the corresponding problem details page in Dynatrace.
To set up email-based problem notifications
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Settings > Integration > Problem notifications.
- Select Add notification.
- Select Email from the available notification types.
- Configure the notification:
- Enter a Display name for this integration. This is the freeform name of this integration that will be displayed in Dynatrace on Settings > Integration > Problem notifications when you finish this configuration.
- In the To section, select Add recipient to add the email address that should receive notifications. To add more recipients, select Add recipient for each additional To address.
- In the CC field, select Add recipient to add additional email addresses that should receive notifications.
- In the BCC field, select Add recipient to add additional email addresses that should receive notifications but should not be displayed in the email header.
- In the Subject field, type text and/or insert placeholders that will be automatically populated with relevant problem details, such as problem ID, state, or impact.
- In the Body field, configure the problem alert message that is to appear in the body of problem-notification emails.
The Available placeholders section of the configuration page lists placeholders you can use for this integration. Placeholders are automatically replaced with actual values in the message.
- Select an alerting profile to filter the problem feed.
- Select Send test notification to make sure your email integration is working.
- Save changes.