To enable or disable a cluster node you can either use the Web UI or the command line.
Enable/Disable a cluster node via the Web UI
To disable a cluster node (i.e., to set a cluster node to idle mode)
- Log in as an administrator. Use your Dynatrace Managed URL or a cluster node that you want to keep (you can't remove a node while you're logged into the node).
- Select Home from the Cluster Management Console navigation menu.
- Click the cluster node you want to disable to access the node's overview page.
- Click the Browse button (...) in the top right corner.
- Select Disable node to stop monitoring data processing on the node.
To enable a node, repeat the above procedure until step 4. Then select Enable node to start monitoring data processing on the node.
To restart a node, repeat the above procedure until step 3. Then click the Restart button. Be aware that restarting a cluster node can cause monitoring downtime.
Enable/Disable a cluster node using the command line
Log into the Linux machine where Dynatrace Managed is installed. Using root rights, execute the following command (by default, the script is located at
/opt/dynatrace-managed/launcher) with the appropriate parameter (i.e.,