An SMTP server is used for delivery of email notifications, reports, and other communications from Dynatrace to users and administrators.
To configure an SMTP server connection
- Log into the Cluster Management Console and select Settings from the menu.
- Expand Emails and select SMTP server to display the Configure SMTP server page.
- Set Connection security to the security protocol you want to use for your SMTP server.
The default is
No encryptionon port
25. If you change Connection security, Port automatically resets to match the standard port number for that protocol. If you manually change the Port number however, changing the Connection security protocol won't reset the Port number.
No encryption: Not secure. Default port:
No encryptionselected, email is sent unencrypted. Use this option only if the SMTP server supports no other option.
SSL/TLS: Secure. Default port:
SSL/TLSselected, email notifications will be sent out only when an SSL/TLS connection can be established.
STARTTLS optional: Not secure. Default port:
STARTTLS optionalselected, once a STARTTLS connection is established, email is encrypted and sent out using STARTTLS. If a STARTTLS connection can't be established, email notifications will be sent out without encryption.
STARTTLS required: Secure. Default port:
STARTTLS requiredselected, once a STARTTLS connection is established, email is encrypted and sent out using STARTTLS. If a STARTTLS connection can't be established, email notifications will not be sent out.
- Set Mail server to the address of the SMTP mail server.
- Set Port to the port number of the SMTP mail server. See Connection security above for related details.
- Set Username and Password if the server requires authentication.
- Set Sender email address to the address that should be displayed as the sender's email address.
- Set Email test address to the address where you want to send test messages.
- Click the Send test message button to check whether your SMTP configuration works. Once you've sent a test message, check the inbox of the account specified in Email test address field to see whether or not your configuration works.