The DPL Architect tool helps you
- Extract fields from records.
- Create the right data pattern to save time in developing DPL patterns.
- Get instant feedback about the effectiveness and coverage of your patterns for your specific use case.
- Save and reuse your existing DPL patterns for faster access to data analytics use cases.
Access DPL Architect
To open DPL Architect
- In the Dynatrace Launcher, select Notebooks.
- Open the menu and select Logs > Fetch logs.
- In the query section, select Run query.
- In the results section, select a cell and then select Extract fields from the pop-up menu.
Navigate DPL Architect
Once you open DPL Architect, you can
- Enter a schema pattern
- View matching records
- Preview with highlighted syntax
- View extracted fields
- Get visual feedback about your pattern quality
- Experiment with multiple patterns
- Apply your pattern to the query
Enter a schema pattern
Use the expression editor to enter your schema pattern and start field extractions. Start typing and use the autocomplete suggestions.
- If the pattern is in the correct format, Pattern is valid is displayed.
- If the pattern format contains errors, Pattern error: … indicates the line and position of the invalid element.
View matching records
The status bar above the expression editor displays how many records from the original query results match your pattern.
Preview with highlighted syntax
- Match preview editor checks if the schema pattern you entered matches the record. The portion of the record that matches the DPL pattern is highlighted.
- Add log record adds a row so you can enter a custom data record to the preview, in addition to the existing data, for pattern validation.
View extracted fields
Results displays the extracted fields as new columns if, in your pattern, you add names to the extracted fields after the colon (for example,
Get visual feedback about your pattern quality
Use Add to preview to
- Add records from your query result to your match preview component and get visual feedback about your pattern quality.
- Find out which records from the original result set match your pattern.
- Add the unmatched records to the preview set to further improve your DPL pattern.
Experiment with multiple patterns
You can have multiple DPL patterns opened at the same time in different tabs. This way you can
- Reuse parts of existing patterns
- Try different scenarios
- Compare pattern performance
When working with multiple patterns, use these commands:
- Select New to create a new pattern.
- Select Save to save your pattern.
- Select Saved patterns to show or hide a list of saved patterns.
Unsaved patterns persist after closing DPL Architect and are only dismissed when you close the tabs manually.
Apply your pattern to the query
Select Insert pattern to add the pattern to the parse command at the end of the original query.
Select Close to return to the query section, and rerun the query to see the extracted fields in the results.