Workflows quick start guide
Let's walk through a Hello World example.
- Sign in to Dynatrace.
- In the Dynatrace Launcher, select Workflows .
- Select New workflow to create your first workflow. The Workflow editor opens.
- Select the workflow title ("Untitled Workflow") and customize the name e.g. "Hello World".
- In the Choose trigger section, select the On demand trigger. This means you can run the workflow via web UI or API. The web UI shows you an example API request.
- To add the first task, select on the trigger node of the workflow graph.
- Select Run to execute the workflow.
The first time you run a workflow, you're prompted to authorize the automation service to run a workflow as your user. Select Allow and run if you agree with that. You can always restrain the configuration in the settings.
- The workflow monitor in the right pane shows you the detailed status of the execution. It will automatically refresh until the execution reaches a final state.
Congratulations, you have successfully run your very first workflow!