Cloud Automation requirements
To get started with Cloud Automation, the following requirements need to be met.
Request a Cloud Automation instance
To access the Cloud Automation bridge, you need access to a Cloud Automation instance. To request a Cloud Automation instance, contact a Dynatrace product expert via live chat within your Dynatrace environment.
Make sure the API endpoint of your Dynatrace environment is accessible from the internet.
Create an API token by using the template named "Cloud Automation". The generated token will have the following permissions:API v1
- Access problem and event feed, metrics, and topology
- Create and read synthetic monitors, locations, and nodes
- Read configuration
- Write configuration
- Capture request data
- Data ingest, e.g.: metrics and events
- Read metrics
- Ingest metrics
- Read entities
- Read problems
- Write problems
- Read SLO
- Download the Keptn CLI.
- Run the command below to download and install the Keptn CLI.
curl -sL https://get.keptn.sh | KEPTN_VERSION=1.2.0 bash
- Download the binary file from GitHub.
- Add the binary to your PATH.