Security data on Grail
Dynatrace Platform utilizes various data sources to store application-related data that provides the information and context for monitoring, analysis, and investigation use cases.
Data is either generated by Dynatrace or can be ingested into the platform from third-party tools.
Security data on Grail enables security data query, aggregation, visualization, and reporting on multiple levels, providing answers with different granularity and from various perspectives. It serves in multiple categories, including:
- Logs, for storing a high amount of unstructured data.
- Examples: application and infrastructure logs, security tool logs.
- Events, for storing structured data.
- Examples: vulnerability assessments, attack alerts, threat intelligence feeds.
- Metrics, for storing counts for easy processing and alert generation.
- Examples: failure counts of applications and infrastructure, counts of authentication attempts, and more.
In this section, you can learn about: