Upgrade Log Monitoring v1 to Log Management and Analytics
If you are using the legacy Log Monitoring v1, and you would like to use Log Management and Analytics, you first need to enable it.
What changes after activation
After enabling Log Management and Analytics, the following changes take place:
- No data will be copied from Log Monitoring v1 storage.
Switching to the latest version of Dynatrace log monitoring will reset all of your Log Monitoring v1 data. Log Monitoring v1 data won't be accessible.
- You will enable the new OneAgent log module.
The latest version of Dynatrace log monitoring works properly with OneAgent 1.217 or later. Earlier OneAgent versions are not supported.
- Your Log Monitoring v1 event definitions won't be accessible.
- Your Log Monitoring v1 metrics configuration won't be accessible.
- Different limits will apply.
What does not change after activation
After enabling Log Management and Analytics, the following will not change:
- Log sources configuration persists and can be used in a newer log solution.
- You begin consuming DDUs in a new model with three dimensions: Ingest & Process, Retain, Query.
How can I upgrade from legacy Log Monitoring v1 to Log Management and Analytics?
To enable the latest version of Log Monitoring in Dynatrace:
- Make sure that you're running the latest version of Dynatrace.
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Logs.
- In the banner message, select Go to activation page and select Activate Logs powered by Grail. If you do not see
Go to activation pagebanner or
Activate Grail for log and eventssettings page, contact a Dynatrace product expert via live chat to ask for support.
Why can’t I see a button to self-upgrade to Log Management and Analytics?
You might see a banner in the product interface, informing you of Log Monitoring v1 end of life and advising you to upgrade, without a dedicated activation button. In that case, reach out to your account team or Dynatrace support and update your contract to be eligible for Log Management and Analytics powered by Grail.