Allocate host unit quota
You can split your licensed quota of host units across environments based on your needs. For example, you might want to allocate most of your host units to your production monitoring environment and allocate the remaining host units go to your pre-production environment.
Allocating host-unit quotas into various environments is possible for both Dynatrace SaaS and Managed deployments.
- In the user menu in the upper-right corner, go to Account settings.
- Find the Consumption by environment section. This section appears if:
- You have more than one Dynatrace environment.
- Your license doesn’t permit overages (or your license does permit overages, but they’re limited to a certain amount).
Note that the example license below stipulates No overages allowed (when a license does allow overages, setting quotas for individual environments doesn’t make sense as these limits can be exceeded).
- View and set host unit quotas by expanding the Environments section at the bottom of the License details page.
Dynatrace provides a default allocation of host units based on your license. If you decide to set limits for each environment, Dynatrace shows you the remaining number of available host units. For example, suppose you have two environments and the total number of host units is 13. If you allocated six units to the first environment and you select three for the second environment, Dynatrace will inform you that there are still four host units left to distribute.
If your license allows overages, but the overages are capped, you’ll see an Allow overages box displayed for each environment. This setting enables you, among others, to allow overages for mission-critical environments and production servers that have high load.