Dynatrace offers a global network of public Synthetic Monitoring locations out of the box. With Dynatrace Synthetic Monitoring, you can run your monitors from public locations that are based on the infrastructure of these major cloud providers: Alibaba Cloud, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
Location release stages
Locations are released in one of three progressive stages, Coming soon, Early Adopter, GA, or Deprecated. Learn about the relationship between the stages:
|Coming soon||Location is already created; we're performing final performance tests before making the location available.|
|Deprecated||Location is about to be removed; you can continue using it for already created monitors, but you can't assign new monitors to a deprecated location.|
|Early Adopter||Location is production ready and fully supported. Its future availability depends on the interest the location receives and on vendor-dependent factors.|
|GA||Location is generally available and fully supported.|
Location IP addresses
If your security policy requires you to add a location IP address to a list of allowed addresses or you need to know this information for other purposes, you can determine a location IP address in one of the following ways:
- When you create or modify your monitors, all the locations and their IP addresses are displayed in the table on the Frequency and locations page. Select one or more locations, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select Copy IPs to clipboard or Download IPs to copy or download the associated IP addresses.
- Use the Synthetic locations API - GET all locations API call that returns all the locations available for your Environment along with their IP addresses.
All public Synthetic locations are set to Coordinated Universal Time, or UTC.
Two Azure locations are being deprecated; two new Azure locations have been created
On October 29, 2021, Microsoft Cloud Deutschland will close.
As a result:
- We will deprecate two Dynatrace public Synthetic locations: Frankfurt (Azure) and Magdeburg (Azure).
- We have created two new public Synthetic locations and an easy path to transitioning your monitors to the new locations.
- If you have monitors assigned to the locations that are closing, you might need to take action.
We have created two new public locations:
- Frankfurt (Azure)
- Berlin (Azure)
We have renamed the affected locations:
- Former Frankfurt (Azure) has been renamed Frankfurt (Azure Sovereign).
- Former Magdeburg (Azure) has been renamed Magdeburg (Azure Sovereign).
We will deprecate the affected/renamed locations in June 2021, at which time:
- Monitors still assigned to Magdeburg (Azure Sovereign) or Frankfurt (Azure Sovereign) will continue to be executed (at least until the beginning of September 2021).
- You will not be able to select Magdeburg (Azure Sovereign) or Frankfurt (Azure Sovereign) to run new monitors.
Summary of changes:
|Old name||New name||Platform||Status|
|Magdeburg||Magdeburg (Azure Sovereign)||Azure||to be deprecated|
|Frankfurt||Frankfurt (Azure Sovereign)||Azure||to be deprecated|
|-||Berlin||Azure||new and recommended|
|-||Frankfurt||Azure||new and recommended|
Migrate your monitors
We encourage you to assign your monitors currently executed from Magdeburg (Azure Sovereign) and Frankfurt (Azure Sovereign) to other locations. The new Berlin and Frankfurt Azure locations would be your natural first choices, but you can, of course, select other locations.
- Go to Synthetic and select a monitor.
- On the monitor details page, select Edit (or select the Browse (…) button > Edit).
- Select Frequency and locations.
- Clear the Magdeburg (Azure Sovereign) check box and select Berlin (Azure) or another location.
- Clear the Frankfurt (Azure Sovereign) check box and select Frankfurt (Azure) or another location.
- Save changes.
You may also use the Synthetic Monitors API for configuration at scale.
Starting September 1, 2021, we will update monitors as follows:
- Any monitors still assigned to Magdeburg (Azure Sovereign) will be reassigned to the new Berlin (Azure) location.
- Any monitors still assigned to Frankfurt (Azure Sovereign) will be reassigned to the new Frankfurt (Azure) location.
Update your firewall rules
We're making the transition as easy as possible for you, but there are things we can’t do ourselves:
- If you’re a Dynatrace Managed user and your Cluster is protected by firewalls, you need to refresh the firewall configurations to let our new locations communicate with the Cluster ActiveGate.
- Similarly, applications monitored with Dynatrace Synthetic Monitoring might require a firewall configuration adjustment to allow incoming traffic from the new locations to reach the websites.
For help on determining the new addresses, see Location IP addresses.
|Cape Town||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Cape Town||Amazon AWS||GA|
|New South Wales||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Sydney||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Sydney||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Abu Dhabi||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Beijing||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Dubai||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Hohhot||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Mumbai||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Hangzhou||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Hong Kong||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Hong Kong||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Hong Kong||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Qingdao||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Shanghai||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Shenzhen||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Singapore||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Taiwan||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Tokyo||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Zhangjiakou||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Belgium West||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Finland South||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Frankfurt||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Frankfurt (Azure Sovereign)1||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Groningen||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|London||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Magdeburg (Azure Sovereign)1||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Zürich||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Des Moines||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Iowa||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Las Vegas||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Los Angeles||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Montreal||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|N. California||Amazon AWS||GA|
|N. Virginia||Amazon AWS||GA|
|Oregon||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Quebec City||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Salt Lake City||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|San Jose||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Silicon Valley||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|South Carolina||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Virginia||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|São Paulo||Amazon AWS||GA|
|São Paulo||Microsoft Azure||GA|