Public Synthetic locations
Dynatrace offers a global network of public Synthetic Monitoring locations out of the box. With Dynatrace Synthetic Monitoring, you can run your monitors from public locations that are based on the infrastructure of these major cloud providers: Alibaba Cloud, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
Location release stages
Locations are released in one of these progressive stages: Coming soon, Early Adopter, or GA. Locations can also be Deprecated. Learn about the relationship between the stages:
|Coming soon||Location is already created; we're performing final performance tests before making the location available.|
|Deprecated||Location is about to be removed; you can't assign new monitors to a deprecated location.|
|Early Adopter||Location is production ready and fully supported. Its future availability depends on the interest the location receives and on vendor-dependent factors.|
|GA||Location is generally available and fully supported.|
Location IP addresses
If your security policy requires you to add a location IP address to a list of allowed addresses or you need to know this information for other purposes, you can determine a location IP address in one of the following ways:
- When you create or modify your monitors, all the locations and their IP addresses are displayed in the table on the Frequency and locations page. Select one or more locations, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select Copy IPs to clipboard or Download IPs to copy or download the associated IP addresses.
- Use the Synthetic locations API - GET all locations API call, which returns all the locations available for your Environment along with their IP addresses.
All public Synthetic locations are set to Coordinated Universal Time, or UTC.
Two Azure locations in Europe have been deprecated and removed; two new Azure locations have been created in their place.
On October 29, 2021, Microsoft Cloud Deutschland will close.
As a result:
- We have deprecated and removed two Dynatrace public Synthetic locations in Europe: Frankfurt (Azure Sovereign) and Magdeburg (Azure Sovereign).
- We have created two new public Synthetic locations in their place: Frankfurt (Azure) and Berlin (Azure), respectively.
- Monitors that were assigned to the deprecated locations Frankfurt (Azure Sovereign) and Madgeburg (Azure Sovereign) and that weren't migrated by customers have been reassigned to the new locations, Frankfurt (Azure) and Berlin (Azure), respectively.
Summary of changes:
|Deprecated location||New and recommended location|
|Magdeburg (Azure Sovereign)||Berlin (Azure)|
|Frankfurt (Azure Sovereign)||Frankfurt (Azure)|
- If you’re a Dynatrace Managed user and your Cluster is protected by firewalls, you need to refresh the firewall configurations to let our new locations communicate with the Cluster ActiveGate.
- Similarly, applications monitored with Dynatrace Synthetic Monitoring might require a firewall configuration adjustment to allow incoming traffic from the new locations to reach the websites.
For help on determining the new addresses, see Location IP addresses.
|Cape Town||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Cape Town||Amazon AWS||GA|
|New South Wales||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Sydney||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Sydney||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Abu Dhabi||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Beijing||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Dubai||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Hohhot||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Mumbai||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Hangzhou||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Hong Kong||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Hong Kong||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Hong Kong||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Qingdao||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Shanghai||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Shenzhen||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Singapore||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Taiwan||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Tokyo||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Zhangjiakou||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Belgium West||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Berlin 1||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Finland South||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Frankfurt||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Frankfurt 1||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Groningen||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|London||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|Zürich||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
For more information, see Location changes.
|Des Moines||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Iowa||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Las Vegas||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Los Angeles||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Montreal||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|N. California||Amazon AWS||GA|
|N. Virginia||Amazon AWS||GA|
|Oregon||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Quebec City||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Salt Lake City||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|San Jose||Microsoft Azure||GA|
|Silicon Valley||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|South Carolina||Google Cloud Platform||GA|
|Virginia||Alibaba Cloud||Early Adopter|
|São Paulo||Amazon AWS||GA|
|São Paulo||Microsoft Azure||GA|