Real User Monitoring for process groups
By default, RUM is enabled for all process groups. For the technologies listed in Technology support - Real User Monitoring - Web servers and applications, this allows OneAgent to do the following:
- Provide the necessary information to link user actions with server-side distributed traces
- Forward beacons to the Dynatrace Cluster
You can disable RUM for a process group. For example, you can do that to exclude servers that do not require RUM monitoring. Furthermore, disabling RUM for a process group can serve as a workaround for resolving issues with your applications. However, we recommend that you contact Dynatrace Support, as they can help you determine the root cause of the issue.
Disable RUM for a process group
If you disable RUM for a process group, the entire RUM functionality listed above is turned off.
To manually disable RUM for a process group
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Technologies and processes.
- Scroll down, and select the required process group.
- Select Settings in the upper-right corner of the page.
- In the process group settings, go to Real User Monitoring.
- Turn off Enable Real User Monitoring.
- If your application consists of multiple tiers, enable RUM at least on OneAgent that instruments the first tier (that is the tier nearest to the browser), which captures the root of the distributed trace.