By default, Dynatrace captures all user actions and user sessions for analysis. This approach ensures complete insight into your application's performance and customer experience. With the Cost and traffic control setting, you can choose to reduce the granularity of user-action and user-session analysis by capturing a lower percentage of user sessions.
While this setting can reduce monitoring costs, it also results in lower visibility into how your customers are using your mobile apps. For example, a setting of
10% results in Dynatrace analyzing only every tenth user session.
To limit the number of user sessions to be analyzed
- Select Applications from the navigation menu.
- Select the mobile application you want to configure.
- Click the Browse […] menu button and select Edit.
- From the Application settings menu, select General.
- Type a value of less than
100in the Analyze % of user sessions field.
With this setting defined, Dynatrace will analyze an evenly distributed number of user sessions that equates to the percentage of user sessions that you’ve specified.
Note: The default value of this field is