From the navigation menu, select Applications.
On the Applications page, select the application that you want to analyze.
Select the Errors section of the infographic to view the Top errors.
In the Error details section, you can view the corresponding stack trace of the error. Error details are grouped by browser type. Individual stack frames have the Not analyzed status.
To open stack frames for analysis, click the corresponding Analysis expand buttons.
Automatic download of source maps
Dynatrace attempts to download all available source map files automatically as follows:
- After the file is successfully downloaded, Dynatrace checks whether it contains a source map reference such as
//# sourceMappingURL=http://example.com/path/to/your/sourcemap.map. Dynatrace can display the exact line number that caused the error in the successfully downloaded minified file.
- If a source map contains a source map reference, Dynatrace automatically downloads it.
- For the downloads to work, both files need to be publicly accessible.
- All requests made by Dynatrace to download the files can be identified by looking at the User-agent string, which is
ruxit serverin both cases.
- Upload the original source file if you're also interested in reading developer comments, which are usually stripped away in the process of minification and obfuscation.
Upload source maps and symbol files
All available source files are listed under Settings > Web and mobile monitoring > Source maps & symbol files.
Mobile app source maps
For Android: Proguard mapping source files are supported.
For iOS: Before they are uploaded, dSYM files must be converted using the
decode.sh utility that is provided with the OneAgent for iOS installer.
Web application source maps
To upload a source map
Select a stackframe to expand it and click the corresponding Upload source map button.