xMatters is a digital service availability platform that prevents technology issues from becoming business problems. With this xMatters integration, Dynatrace actively pushes problem alerts, along with all related metadata, into your xMatters instance. You can acknowledge xMatters alerts and comment on Dynatrace-detected problems via your preferred device. xMatters automatically records your responses in Dynatrace.
Create an API key
You need an API key for secure communication between Dynatrace and xMatters. If you don't already have the API key (token), you can generate it in Dynatrace.
- Select the Dynatrace integration on the Integrations page.
- Enter your Dynatrace API token and Dynatrace Endpoint URL (Dynatrace environment URL).
- Select Save.
After you save, you’ll see the xMatters webhook URL and default payload mapping.
- Copy the provided xMatters webhook URL.
You'll need this URL to complete the integration on the Dynatrace side.
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Settings and select Integration > Problem notifications.
- Select Add notification.
Ignore Save changes until the end.
- Select xMatters from the available notification types.
- Configure the notification:
- Display name—the freeform name of this integration that will be displayed in Dynatrace on the Problem notifications page when you finish this configuration.
- xMatters URL—the xMatters webhook URL.
- optional Turn on Accept any SSL certificate option. We recommend that you use a valid SSL certificate (even for internal installations), but you can ignore the certificate for convenience.
- optional Additional HTTP headers—custom HTTP header fields such as 'Content-Type' or 'Authorization' that can be used if the target endpoint needs an authentication token within the HTTP header or if you would like to send a different content type such as 'text/plain' or 'application/xml'.
- Custom payload—once a problem is detected or resolved, this customizable payload is pushed through an HTTP POST to the target system. Use specific placeholders to dynamically populate the payload with problem-related information, such as problem state or title.
- Assign an Alerting profile.
- Select Send test notification to make sure your xMatters integration is working.
- Select Save changes.
After you’ve finished integration with Dynatrace, you’ll see your newly created xMatters integration in your list of integrations on the Problem notifications page.