In Dynatrace, you have various types of metrics at your disposal:
- Built-in metrics provided by OneAgent. These have the
builtin:prefix in the metric key.
- Extension metrics provided by OneAgent or ActiveGate extensions. These have the
ext:prefix in the metric key.
- Calculated metrics you create. These have the
calc:prefix in the metric key.
- Custom metrics you can feed to Dynatrace via metric ingestion. These don't have any fixed prefix, as the ingestion protocol is completely flexible.
- Infrastructure metrics and other periodic metrics are captured every 10 seconds and stored as 1-minute aggregates. Typically, this includes a min/max/count/sum/average of the measured metric.
- Service and web request metrics do not have a frequency. Dynatrace captures the transactions and displays medians and 90th percentiles. RUM and service analysis pages are based on this data.
- For custom metrics ingestion, the standard resolution is 1 minute, but you can also get statistic summaries.