Distributed traces and PurePath® technology overview
A core feature of Dynatrace, PurePath® technology combines distributed tracing with code-level visibility, topology information, and metadata to provide the highest level of data granularity and fidelity.
The Distributed traces page provides you with overview of all distributed traces of your environment, across all services. It contains PurePath® distributed traces captured by OneAgent and ingested OpenTelemetry traces. You can easily filter the page to display only particular kind of traces—just select the required option on the Configure view pane.
The table view lists up to 3,000 traces that are captured during the selected timeframe and within the selected management zone. If your environment generates more than 3,000 traces, you can apply filters.
- Select the Filter request field to list the available filtering options.
- Select one or more filters. The view updates automatically as you apply filter criteria.
The chart shows the request count and response time over the selected timeframe.
- The blue bar above the chart shows you which timeframe is actually covered by the displayed distributed traces.
- For quick access to multidimensional analysis views, select More (…).
The table lists the most recent distributed traces.
- To filter the table, use the search input field above the table to search for names and services. The table updates automatically as you type your search string.
- To display an overview of a distributed trace, select the expand button in the Details column.
- To switch to a detailed analysis, select the specific distributed trace in the Name column.
- To list all distributed traces of a service, select the service in the Service column.
- For quick access to further analysis options, select More (…) in the Actions column.