Apart from automated problem detection, Dynatrace offers you a set of analysis tools that you can use to manually detect problems.
- CPU profiling highlights the biggest CPU consumers in your environment and allows you to drill down to the method level of a CPU problem.
- Memory dump analysis and Process crashes enable you to detect application crashes on Windows and Linux and analyze the core dumps of these crashes.
Distributed tracing powered by PurePath® technology
To access distributed tracing
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Distributed traces.
Profiling and optimization
To access profiling and optimization options
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Profiling and optimization.
- Select the analysis option you want to investigate among CPU profiling, Memory dumps, and Process crashes.
The Multidimensional analysis view enables you to analyze web requests of your services with fine-tuned filtering, so you can focus your analysis on the dimensions that matter most. This view is easily configurable and serves as a convenient entry point for in-depth analysis of your services.
You can configure your own view or use one of the preconfigured options.
To access multidimensional analysis options
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Multidimensional analysis.
- Select the analysis option you want to investigate among Top web requests, Database statements, and Exception analysis.